BullyWiiHacks
Welcome dear guest! Very Happy

To start posting and being part of the BWH community, you simply need to register an account or log into an existing one.

If you do not wish to register at all, that's fine but there will be more advertisements. :/

You can probably see and download most content provided for regular members even without an account.

Your contributions will be greatly appreciated though, give it a shot and register today! thumbsup

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

BullyWiiHacks
Welcome dear guest! Very Happy

To start posting and being part of the BWH community, you simply need to register an account or log into an existing one.

If you do not wish to register at all, that's fine but there will be more advertisements. :/

You can probably see and download most content provided for regular members even without an account.

Your contributions will be greatly appreciated though, give it a shot and register today! thumbsup
BullyWiiHacks
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
BullyWiiHacks

Gaming, Modding & Programming

Important reminders:

- Click *HERE* for advanced forum search or check out the text field below on the front page for Google before posting
- NO support via private message (use the forum)
- Write meaningful topic titles
Site Translation
Latest topics
» Wii Play Tanks
How To Fix PS3 New Firmware Update Failed Empty3/24/2024, 2:46 pm by helpmeout

» [Bypass Paywalls] (Global) @magnolia1234 - GitLab
How To Fix PS3 New Firmware Update Failed Empty3/18/2024, 3:55 am by Seth@WiiPlaza

» [Download] Mary Shelley's Frankenhole
How To Fix PS3 New Firmware Update Failed Empty3/16/2024, 8:29 am by Seth@WiiPlaza

» Completely Custom Modded Controllers (Undetectable)
How To Fix PS3 New Firmware Update Failed Empty3/5/2024, 1:55 pm by Shadow@BWH

» (Zombies) Drink perks code?
How To Fix PS3 New Firmware Update Failed Empty3/5/2024, 1:24 pm by Shadow@BWH

» Die Rückkehr zu STEAM und WARFACE
How To Fix PS3 New Firmware Update Failed Empty3/2/2024, 3:54 am by Seth@WiiPlaza

» First person hand model change?
How To Fix PS3 New Firmware Update Failed Empty2/28/2024, 4:53 am by Ad3lamac611

» {RELEASE} Field Raider Firefox v1.72 by Seth@WiiPlaza
How To Fix PS3 New Firmware Update Failed Empty2/21/2024, 8:52 am by naxil

» FREE Language-Learning YouTube Channel, Best Way to Learn Language
How To Fix PS3 New Firmware Update Failed Empty2/19/2024, 10:40 am by SnB@BWH

» Need help to get command line console code to work
How To Fix PS3 New Firmware Update Failed Empty2/19/2024, 6:41 am by Bully@WiiPlaza

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Country Statistics
Free counters!

You are not connected. Please login or register

How To Fix PS3 New Firmware Update Failed

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

[STG]Sgt.Ghost

[STG]Sgt.Ghost
Modder & Code Porter

How To Resurrect your PS3 from a failed firmware update (Error 8002F310)
Options

I just went through this myself and I thought it would be helpful for others if I laid out the steps I took to get my PS3 system out from the 8002F310 error loop. I don't think it matters much, but this is a second-generation fat PS3 with an upgraded hard drive that I did NOT want to have to reformat.

Yesterday, my PS3 automatically downloaded the 4.21 update and prompted me to install it. The update ran for a while but appeared to hang at 99% for a long time. It then rebooted and began to update the firmware on the system. It again reached 99%, then hung for a while, and finally it died, telling me to turn off and unplug the PS3, retry the installation, and then call tech support with 8002F310 as the error code.

Not wanting to have to pay for repairs I did the following and was able to restore my PS3 to operation. To do this too you will need:
- A USB stick with a good copy of the firmware you were attempting to upgrade to;
- A second hard drive that you don't mind erasing

1. Allow the PS3 to get to the end of the the broken install, and shut it off with the switch in the back.
2. Remove your hard drive and put in the spare drive and the USB stick with the updated firmware, and turn the PS3 back on.
3. Allow the PS3 to format the spare disk, and install the updated firmware. Progress through the firmware install all the way to the language selection screen, then power the PS3 off again with the switch.
4. Swap the original hard drive back in, but do not take out the USB stick. Turn the power back on. The PS3 will say that it can't boot because the firmware on the hard drive is corrupt, then it will ask to reinstall the firmware. Press start+select and allow it to reinstall.
5. After it's reinstalled the firmware, the system should boot back up and be working again.

Your mileage may vary but this worked for me and saved me from a costly repair - especially seeing how long my PS3 has been out of warranty. It also asked me to re-activate my PS3 before allowing me to play any games, but that didn't seem to cause any problems either.

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-3-Support/How-To-Resurrect-your-PS3-from-a-failed-firmware-update-Error/td-p/37484205

Seth@WiiPlaza

Seth@WiiPlaza
Admin & Coder
Admin & Coder

this almost never happens

How To Fix PS3 New Firmware Update Failed Rsz_1r10  

https://github.com/SethWiiPlaza

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum