BullyWiiHacks
Welcome dear guest! Very Happy

To start posting and being part of the BWH community, you simply need to register an account or log into an existing one.

If you do not wish to register at all, that's fine but there will be more advertisements. :/

You can probably see and download most content provided for regular members even without an account.

Your contributions will be greatly appreciated though, give it a shot and register today! thumbsup

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

BullyWiiHacks
Welcome dear guest! Very Happy

To start posting and being part of the BWH community, you simply need to register an account or log into an existing one.

If you do not wish to register at all, that's fine but there will be more advertisements. :/

You can probably see and download most content provided for regular members even without an account.

Your contributions will be greatly appreciated though, give it a shot and register today! thumbsup
BullyWiiHacks
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
BullyWiiHacks

Gaming, Modding & Programming

Important reminders:

- Click *HERE* for advanced forum search or check out the text field below on the front page for Google before posting
- NO support via private message (use the forum)
- Write meaningful topic titles
Site Translation
Latest topics
» Dropped Out of College to Pursue Web Dev and Life Pursuits in General
[NGC / Wavebird] Button Activator Question Empty4/7/2024, 2:34 pm by SnB@BWH

» Bully Made It Into a BIG Video 400K Views
[NGC / Wavebird] Button Activator Question Empty4/7/2024, 6:58 am by Bully@WiiPlaza

» Wii Play Tanks
[NGC / Wavebird] Button Activator Question Empty3/24/2024, 2:46 pm by helpmeout

» [Bypass Paywalls] (Global) @magnolia1234 - GitLab
[NGC / Wavebird] Button Activator Question Empty3/18/2024, 3:55 am by Seth@WiiPlaza

» [Download] Mary Shelley's Frankenhole
[NGC / Wavebird] Button Activator Question Empty3/16/2024, 8:29 am by Seth@WiiPlaza

» Completely Custom Modded Controllers (Undetectable)
[NGC / Wavebird] Button Activator Question Empty3/5/2024, 1:55 pm by Shadow@BWH

» (Zombies) Drink perks code?
[NGC / Wavebird] Button Activator Question Empty3/5/2024, 1:24 pm by Shadow@BWH

» Die Rückkehr zu STEAM und WARFACE
[NGC / Wavebird] Button Activator Question Empty3/2/2024, 3:54 am by Seth@WiiPlaza

» First person hand model change?
[NGC / Wavebird] Button Activator Question Empty2/28/2024, 4:53 am by Ad3lamac611

» {RELEASE} Field Raider Firefox v1.72 by Seth@WiiPlaza
[NGC / Wavebird] Button Activator Question Empty2/21/2024, 8:52 am by naxil

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Country Statistics
Free counters!

You are not connected. Please login or register

[NGC / Wavebird] Button Activator Question

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Clushty

Clushty

Hey,

I've been checking the Button Activator thread for MKWii However, I can't get to understand how are the C-Stick values working for GCN/Wavebird.

Aka:

80 = C-Up
20 = C-Right
10 = C-Left
40 = C-Down

At first I thought it'd be the same as any value however, it can't be (or it can ? o.o) since obviously some values are in conflict with some other buttons:

0020 = R (= C-Right ?)
0040 = L (= C-Down ?)

How are those working exactly ?
Could someone provide me an example of a hack including a CStick button activator ?

There is so many tutorial on button activator / softwares, yet I never found any place treating of the specific case of the C-Stick.

Sorry if I blatantly missed a thread about it or failled at googling <.<

Thanks for the help Razz

Bully@WiiPlaza

Bully@WiiPlaza

The C-Stick values have a different controller address that´s why they are NOT in conflict. You basically can´t mix the C-Stick with the button in one button activator (line). You need both if you ever wanted that...

Clushty

Clushty

Thanks for your reply,

Actually I was just trying to realise a simple button activator using C-Stick, but when I started this came to my mind (value conflict), then I went browsing for an answer, and all the results that'd come up would be the value list or how to replace the XXXXYYYY and so on.

I've never heard of the special controller adress for the C-Stick, I recall Mdmwii had made a Freefly hack using C-Stick activators; there was quite a lot of line starting by 28348204 is that the right value ? (talking about first GCN C-Stick controller)

Bully@WiiPlaza

Bully@WiiPlaza

If you find it in the code which matches the values it should be it.

Clushty

Clushty

Reposted has it's not really an edit:

Hum nothing worked out, feels like It's not "that far" yet I'm a total newbie with code making.
I say "not far" as it seems that C-Stick was sometime actually affecting the activator switch.

I found the following occurences in the freefly code of mdmwii:

Code:

28348204 00FF6E00
28348204 00FF9000
28348204 FF91006E
28348204 FF6F0090
28348204 FF000000 <= Felt like this would be C-Stick up... smh
28348204 000000FF <= But this kinda felt like it was nothing

Yet I can't get to have an accurate result... and FF (not talking of 6E or any other value anyway) has definitly nothing to do with any of the existing values posted.
So I assume I'm just all wrong =D

I'm not owning a Gecko USB and died trying to get input with CE and Dolphin - couldn't even get basic input such as A button - (Dolphin doesn't seem to be designed for that..)

Could anyone give me the address dedicated to the C-Stick and an example button line activator using it ?

I personally use a PAL iso, then might come in handy to provide NTSC-U / J values for other people.
I just don't really understand how come nobody ever asked about that.

I also had found this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b57lnbgBt1w

But it leads to my Wii freezing upon game load (black screen) eventually because of another code incompatibility ? :/

(I had added and activated [C-stick on 8212/8214 - mdmwii - PAL]) then added the following line as a button activator in another existing hack instead of another activator line:

28348212 00000011)

Maybe I missed a part on how to use it.

I did all the testing using a Wavebird and not a wired GCN, might also be a reason why (but since it's the controller I use the most, I'd rather having things set on the Wavebird)

CH90

CH90
Expert 3D Animator
Expert 3D Animator

will be better if you buy a wiimote and nunchuck exdee!

Clushty

Clushty

Haha, well apart from the fact it's indeed making of a "stupid" thing a big deal, I find it kinda interesting and as I said really weird that nobody ever questionned about that before. (Or maybe I'm just really dumb and miss a keypoint to understand how to use those values =D )

CH90

CH90
Expert 3D Animator
Expert 3D Animator

I don't think this is stupid because it will be useful to all of us who don't know either. This goes a bit beyond from common button activators because of the variation of the addresses, besides, as you wrote, no one else had asked this before, so I hope that bully or someone else can help you Very Happy

Clushty

Clushty

I hope so Razz

Bully@WiiPlaza

Bully@WiiPlaza

The values are non-consistent. It sucks :s
If you touch the stick a little bit off it will be different and not work.
Even the middle (default) is different every time.

Also, mdmwii´s code isn´t working. Neutral
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b57lnbgBt1w

You better forget about it. I used my USB Gecko and checked myself. Wink

Clushty

Clushty

Thanks for giving it a try, sad about the result ;(

Maybe it isn't lost though:

From what I've been told/read, this come from the fact C-Stick values aren't stable as button since they probably indicate X/Y orientation degree.
It also confirm address for NGC C-Stick is indeed 8204 (yeah, I wasn't that dumb) =D

What I was wonderring was since obviously you can't check an exact value as chances to get an exact one in that case are really low, can't we bypass that checking not if the value is equal but greater/smaller than a certain one ?

For example let's say we have (i'll take decimal value for the example)

8 first bytes:

0 = C-Stick fully on the left
255 = C-Stick fully on the right

If value > 128 -> consider it's on the right
else if value < 128 consider it's on the left

That would lead to something like

A4348204 condition_check?
action if greater than 128
A6348204 condition_check?
action if lower than 128

That's my last idea, it wouldn't be 100% accurate, yet it'd mostly do its work but considering what you said I doubt it's possible.
Though those C-Stick values should be taken out if they can't be used/are invalid (I wonder where they even come from ?)

I really suck at codemaking again so sorry if i'm saying stupid things xD

Bully@WiiPlaza

Bully@WiiPlaza

I don´t like inaccuracy like this, but it may be doable. It´s not as "simple" as just within some interval though. It keeps changing. I told you to forget things. Neutral

Clushty

Clushty

Aw, it sucks.
Well thanks for your replies.

I home someone finds out a way to achieve that someday. Razz

Bully@WiiPlaza

Bully@WiiPlaza

It never will since it didn´t happen yet and it´s completely broken for using it in a code.

We´ve reached a dead-end, let´s close the topic. :3

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum