BullyWiiHacks
Welcome dear guest! Very Happy

To start posting and being part of the BWH community, you simply need to register an account or log into an existing one.

If you do not wish to register at all, that's fine but there will be more advertisements. :/

You can probably see and download most content provided for regular members even without an account.

Your contributions will be greatly appreciated though, give it a shot and register today! thumbsup

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

BullyWiiHacks
Welcome dear guest! Very Happy

To start posting and being part of the BWH community, you simply need to register an account or log into an existing one.

If you do not wish to register at all, that's fine but there will be more advertisements. :/

You can probably see and download most content provided for regular members even without an account.

Your contributions will be greatly appreciated though, give it a shot and register today! thumbsup
BullyWiiHacks
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
BullyWiiHacks

Gaming, Modding & Programming

Important reminders:

- Click *HERE* for advanced forum search or check out the text field below on the front page for Google before posting
- NO support via private message (use the forum)
- Write meaningful topic titles
Site Translation
Latest topics
» Dropped Out of College to Pursue Web Dev and Life Pursuits in General
Any Programs or Ways to Dump N64 Game RAM? Empty4/7/2024, 2:34 pm by SnB@BWH

» Bully Made It Into a BIG Video 400K Views
Any Programs or Ways to Dump N64 Game RAM? Empty4/7/2024, 6:58 am by Bully@WiiPlaza

» Wii Play Tanks
Any Programs or Ways to Dump N64 Game RAM? Empty3/24/2024, 2:46 pm by helpmeout

» [Bypass Paywalls] (Global) @magnolia1234 - GitLab
Any Programs or Ways to Dump N64 Game RAM? Empty3/18/2024, 3:55 am by Seth@WiiPlaza

» [Download] Mary Shelley's Frankenhole
Any Programs or Ways to Dump N64 Game RAM? Empty3/16/2024, 8:29 am by Seth@WiiPlaza

» Completely Custom Modded Controllers (Undetectable)
Any Programs or Ways to Dump N64 Game RAM? Empty3/5/2024, 1:55 pm by Shadow@BWH

» (Zombies) Drink perks code?
Any Programs or Ways to Dump N64 Game RAM? Empty3/5/2024, 1:24 pm by Shadow@BWH

» Die Rückkehr zu STEAM und WARFACE
Any Programs or Ways to Dump N64 Game RAM? Empty3/2/2024, 3:54 am by Seth@WiiPlaza

» First person hand model change?
Any Programs or Ways to Dump N64 Game RAM? Empty2/28/2024, 4:53 am by Ad3lamac611

» {RELEASE} Field Raider Firefox v1.72 by Seth@WiiPlaza
Any Programs or Ways to Dump N64 Game RAM? Empty2/21/2024, 8:52 am by naxil

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Country Statistics
Free counters!

You are not connected. Please login or register

Any Programs or Ways to Dump N64 Game RAM?

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

SnB@BWH

SnB@BWH
Admin & Writer

I've Googled for it and didn't really get what I was looking for in terms of a program or debugger that could dump N64 game RAM. Reason I'm asking is because I want to dump some RAM so I can port some codes. I just can't get enough of porting, lol

Thanks! Smile

Any Programs or Ways to Dump N64 Game RAM? LSTjSyDDiscord: SnB_BWH

Click HERE to earn free bitcoin, litecoin, dogecoin, and dash!

Win Free Bitcoins every hour!

You can dump RAM using the GameShark PRO V3.2+ as its the supported version. You will have teh Game shark cartridge in the N64 and your game cartridge will fit on the slot above the GameShark Cartridge and then connect the cable between the gameshark to your PC and use the provided tools to dump the games RAM

If you didn't understand:

I think you might be able to do it with the Project64 i'm not sure

SnB@BWH

SnB@BWH
Admin & Writer

Thanks, man, but I was actually looking to have a program to dump ROM RAM and not hardware. If you find anything else, let me know. Thanks!

I found a method that actually successfully ported a code for Game sharks N64 and Action replay. It also does not require RAM Dumps. There was no tools to dump the N64 RAM (from what i googled) The only way was with the Gameshark. If i was to take a guess i would try and hook up Project64 with HxD which could work i'm not 100% sure

SnB@BWH

SnB@BWH
Admin & Writer

"If I was to take a guess, I would try and hook up Project64 with HxD, which could work; I'm not 100% sure."

I already tried that, but HxD reads the program memory and not the game memory, opposite to emulators like Dolphin (debug mode) and FCEUX, among others, which have programs (forms) that are debugging tools. It's beyond me why Project64 doesn't have any debugging capabilities. Neutral

From what i just googled it does have a Debugger option:
In Project 64 Go to the settings/Options then you will see an Option that says Hide Advanced Settings untick that option.

Now you have access to the advanced options.

Now go to Settings double click options and now you will see Advanced click on it and from there you will see Enable Debugger, Tick that option then you will have the Debugger options from the main screen.

I tried this and it works the Debuger options are there and available in Project 64 Version 2.2

Hope it helps you! Very Happy  Very Happy  Very Happy  Google  Google

SnB@BWH

SnB@BWH
Admin & Writer

I'm using version 2.2.0.3. I did what you just said, but I can't understand why it's asking me to open a txt file when it says "select target file". I assume that means to create a txt file and dump to that file, which I did do. But why a text file and not a data file, like bin, dat or raw and why a text file of 67,108,849 bytes? Doesn't make any fuckin' sense!

And not only that but I get an error:

Any Programs or Ways to Dump N64 Game RAM? Screen20

I've noticed quite a few small problems with this emulator and I got to say... not everybody can code an emulator that works, but this is just an embarasment to people who can. Fuckin' pathetic!

This emulator is really retarded because i had the same error but i was able to view the memory instead of dumping it.

SnB@BWH

SnB@BWH
Admin & Writer

Fuck, I couldn't even change compatibility mode or view the RAM and click + shift to copy and paste the RAM without it fucking crashing. I know, kinda stupid, but when a piece of shit program doesn't give you much options to work with, what can you do, you know. Fuck this shit! Rolling Eyes

Reclaimer Shawn

Reclaimer Shawn
Code Creator

Wait a minute... I know what you could do. Why not try using Cheat Engine v6.5.1. Of course, to get it to be able to read Project64's Memory, you'll need to go to Settings -> Scan Settings, and then check the MEM_MAPPED box. You should be able to scan for memory how you please then. This is how I make my Gamecube codes.

SnB@BWH

SnB@BWH
Admin & Writer

@ReclaimerShawn

I wasn't looking to scan or read (not immediately, anyways), nor make codes from the memory, I was wanting to dump the ROM's memory... Not the program memory, not other garbage... JUST the ROM's memory. Project64 should have an option to dump RAM, and not have it fuck up and give errors, and especially errors that aren't very helpful in regards to how to fix it. I shouldn't have to use a secondary program to "dump" the RAM. Rolling Eyes

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum