BullyWiiHacks
Welcome dear guest! Very Happy

To start posting and being part of the BWH community, you simply need to register an account or log into an existing one.

If you do not wish to register at all, that's fine but there will be more advertisements. :/

You can probably see and download most content provided for regular members even without an account.

Your contributions will be greatly appreciated though, give it a shot and register today! thumbsup

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

BullyWiiHacks
Welcome dear guest! Very Happy

To start posting and being part of the BWH community, you simply need to register an account or log into an existing one.

If you do not wish to register at all, that's fine but there will be more advertisements. :/

You can probably see and download most content provided for regular members even without an account.

Your contributions will be greatly appreciated though, give it a shot and register today! thumbsup
BullyWiiHacks
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
BullyWiiHacks

Gaming, Modding & Programming

Important reminders:

- Click *HERE* for advanced forum search or check out the text field below on the front page for Google before posting
- NO support via private message (use the forum)
- Write meaningful topic titles
Site Translation
Latest topics
» Dropped Out of College to Pursue Web Dev and Life Pursuits in General
Random Value Write In Gecko Codes? Empty4/7/2024, 2:34 pm by SnB@BWH

» Bully Made It Into a BIG Video 400K Views
Random Value Write In Gecko Codes? Empty4/7/2024, 6:58 am by Bully@WiiPlaza

» Wii Play Tanks
Random Value Write In Gecko Codes? Empty3/24/2024, 2:46 pm by helpmeout

» [Bypass Paywalls] (Global) @magnolia1234 - GitLab
Random Value Write In Gecko Codes? Empty3/18/2024, 3:55 am by Seth@WiiPlaza

» [Download] Mary Shelley's Frankenhole
Random Value Write In Gecko Codes? Empty3/16/2024, 8:29 am by Seth@WiiPlaza

» Completely Custom Modded Controllers (Undetectable)
Random Value Write In Gecko Codes? Empty3/5/2024, 1:55 pm by Shadow@BWH

» (Zombies) Drink perks code?
Random Value Write In Gecko Codes? Empty3/5/2024, 1:24 pm by Shadow@BWH

» Die Rückkehr zu STEAM und WARFACE
Random Value Write In Gecko Codes? Empty3/2/2024, 3:54 am by Seth@WiiPlaza

» First person hand model change?
Random Value Write In Gecko Codes? Empty2/28/2024, 4:53 am by Ad3lamac611

» {RELEASE} Field Raider Firefox v1.72 by Seth@WiiPlaza
Random Value Write In Gecko Codes? Empty2/21/2024, 8:52 am by naxil

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Country Statistics
Free counters!

You are not connected. Please login or register

Random Value Write In Gecko Codes?

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reclaimer Shawn

Reclaimer Shawn
Code Creator

Hello guys. The topic might have been worded a bit confusingly, but I need help. I've seen people online requesting a Randomizer hack for Pokemon XD: Gale of Darkness. It's being researched currently in Pokemon Colosseum, but nothing much yet from what I've heard. So, back to what I need help with. Is there a way to make a Gecko Code that generates a number between x and y, and then write generated value to an address?
I could easily get the addresses, I would just need help with this. Would I need PPC for this? I've seen ASM before via Cheat Engine, and know how to do very basic things such as jumps, compares, add, sub, and move. Hopefully, there's a way to do it via Gecko Codetype without PPC, but one way or the other, could I please be helped with this? Thanks in advanced!

SnB@BWH

SnB@BWH
Admin & Writer

I don't think this is possible, even with ASM. The reason being is because the way Gecko codes are designed; they can't be modified post-boot. The codes are written and then booted into the code handler. You can't make changes after that, just by code alone, but USB Gecko, yes, however, that's not what you're looking for.

With Gecko codes, whether ASM, or Direct RAM Write, or any other codetype, it is a one-way direct write with a single or set of instructions. It was designed to perform specified change to a function within a game, not to have an address's value changed randomly, causing an unpredictable change to the game.

I believe why the code handler lacks the capability of what you want is because, as aforementioned, would create unpredictable change to a game, resulting in unwanted functionality, and possibly corrupted files, among other things. It's very unlikely that could happen if you knew what you were doing, which I'm sure you would, but as I said before: it could be unpredictable in certain cases.

Random Value Write In Gecko Codes? LSTjSyDDiscord: SnB_BWH

Click HERE to earn free bitcoin, litecoin, dogecoin, and dash!

Win Free Bitcoins every hour!

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum