BullyWiiHacks
Welcome dear guest! Very Happy

To start posting and being part of the BWH community, you simply need to register an account or log into an existing one.

If you do not wish to register at all, that's fine but there will be more advertisements. :/

You can probably see and download most content provided for regular members even without an account.

Your contributions will be greatly appreciated though, give it a shot and register today! thumbsup

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

BullyWiiHacks
Welcome dear guest! Very Happy

To start posting and being part of the BWH community, you simply need to register an account or log into an existing one.

If you do not wish to register at all, that's fine but there will be more advertisements. :/

You can probably see and download most content provided for regular members even without an account.

Your contributions will be greatly appreciated though, give it a shot and register today! thumbsup
BullyWiiHacks
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
BullyWiiHacks

Gaming, Modding & Programming

Important reminders:

- Click *HERE* for advanced forum search or check out the text field below on the front page for Google before posting
- NO support via private message (use the forum)
- Write meaningful topic titles
Site Translation
Latest topics
» Dropped Out of College to Pursue Web Dev and Life Pursuits in General
Need Help Getting Gecko OS Mod/NeoGamma to Work On Nintendo Wii Empty4/7/2024, 2:34 pm by SnB@BWH

» Bully Made It Into a BIG Video 400K Views
Need Help Getting Gecko OS Mod/NeoGamma to Work On Nintendo Wii Empty4/7/2024, 6:58 am by Bully@WiiPlaza

» Wii Play Tanks
Need Help Getting Gecko OS Mod/NeoGamma to Work On Nintendo Wii Empty3/24/2024, 2:46 pm by helpmeout

» [Bypass Paywalls] (Global) @magnolia1234 - GitLab
Need Help Getting Gecko OS Mod/NeoGamma to Work On Nintendo Wii Empty3/18/2024, 3:55 am by Seth@WiiPlaza

» [Download] Mary Shelley's Frankenhole
Need Help Getting Gecko OS Mod/NeoGamma to Work On Nintendo Wii Empty3/16/2024, 8:29 am by Seth@WiiPlaza

» Completely Custom Modded Controllers (Undetectable)
Need Help Getting Gecko OS Mod/NeoGamma to Work On Nintendo Wii Empty3/5/2024, 1:55 pm by Shadow@BWH

» (Zombies) Drink perks code?
Need Help Getting Gecko OS Mod/NeoGamma to Work On Nintendo Wii Empty3/5/2024, 1:24 pm by Shadow@BWH

» Die Rückkehr zu STEAM und WARFACE
Need Help Getting Gecko OS Mod/NeoGamma to Work On Nintendo Wii Empty3/2/2024, 3:54 am by Seth@WiiPlaza

» First person hand model change?
Need Help Getting Gecko OS Mod/NeoGamma to Work On Nintendo Wii Empty2/28/2024, 4:53 am by Ad3lamac611

» {RELEASE} Field Raider Firefox v1.72 by Seth@WiiPlaza
Need Help Getting Gecko OS Mod/NeoGamma to Work On Nintendo Wii Empty2/21/2024, 8:52 am by naxil

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Country Statistics
Free counters!

You are not connected. Please login or register

Need Help Getting Gecko OS Mod/NeoGamma to Work On Nintendo Wii

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reclaimer Shawn

Reclaimer Shawn
Code Creator

So, I have Nintendont working already. Cheats are working perfectly on Nintendont, and I assume my USB Gecko will work with the debugger option set to Yes on Nintendont. That is, whenever I get it in the mail, anyways. However, I'm wanting to debug my Gamecube games while the Wii system is in Gamecube mode so the addresses will be accurate for the Gamecube instead of just working for the game in Wii Mode. As far as I know, Nintendont works exclusively in Wii Mode.

Given that, to do what I need to do, I'd need something like Gecko OS Mod or Neogamma. I decided to go with Gecko OS Mod because I used it whenever I had another Wii at one time. I was following two tutorials to get this set up, but both have failed. By failing, I mean the game boots to a black screen after it says "Hook patched." Even trying with NeoGamma after following these and installing a cMIOS it always says "Hook wasn't patched", then boots to black.  Here are the tutorial links I used:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uv1XZYIT_t0&ab_channel=goemonguy

https://www.vggts.gdn/where/wiird/gamecube_codes_with_geckoos1.htm

Doing what the tutorial says with the files provided, whether it be that I installed MIOS into IOS236 or into IOS249, Gecko OS Mod still fails. It always says "Hook patched" and then it hangs. I've tried SEVERAL other methods after these two and nothing works. I've probably put a cumulative 10+ hours into getting this to work over two days. It's getting frustrating.

If someone can give me the necessary files to get this working, I'll install them and see if it works. If it doesn't work from there, I'll provide another SysCheck. I have a Black Wii with Gamecube Ports if that'd make any difference. I'm using retail discs, by the way.

A version of IOS249 was installed from another tutorial I don't remember, as I hacked my Wii three years ago. It was installed via d2x. Here is a SysCheck of my console, without IOS236 and with d2x IOS249:
Spoiler:

EDIT: Here is a SysCheck with WiiGator's loader installed. Gecko OS Mod (v0.91) and NeoGamma (latest version) still fail to work. This is NOT what's on my current NAND. The result in the first SysCheck is my current NAND.

Spoiler:

Welohabi

Welohabi
Moderator & Coder
Moderator & Coder

I use USBloaderGX with Nintendont and then attach my USB gecko.

The energy you give, you shall receive.

Reclaimer Shawn

Reclaimer Shawn
Code Creator

Welohabi wrote:I use USBloaderGX with Nintendont and then attach my USB gecko.

I was able to load codes using Nitendont alone. My problem with that was that the games play in Wii mode despite being Gamecube games. As a result, there's a chance that certain addresses will not be in the same places they would be on Gamecube mode. Does launching Nitendont through USB Loader GX place the game in Gamecube Mode or is it still Wii Mode?

Also, I've kinda decided I'd just sell my current Wii and get another Wii more compatible with what I'm doing. I have a Black Wii, which likely has a patched disc drive. I think that's why cheats weren't working in Gamecube mode, so I'll get a White Wii this time around.

SnB@BWH

SnB@BWH
Admin & Writer

You'll need a white Wii if you're going to use a USB Gecko either way. Black Wii's don't have GameCube memory card slots in order to hook up a USB Gecko. I don't mean to sound racist, but white is better. xD

Need Help Getting Gecko OS Mod/NeoGamma to Work On Nintendo Wii LSTjSyDDiscord: SnB_BWH

Click HERE to earn free bitcoin, litecoin, dogecoin, and dash!

Win Free Bitcoins every hour!

Reclaimer Shawn

Reclaimer Shawn
Code Creator

SnB@BWH wrote:You'll need a white Wii if you're going to use a USB Gecko either way. Black Wii's don't have GameCube memory card slots in order to hook up a USB Gecko. I don't mean to sound racist, but white is better.  xD

Strangely enough, mine does have Gamecube card slots and Gamecube controller slots. Eh, don't worry about censoring yourself around me. I've both heard and said worse jokingly!

SnB@BWH

SnB@BWH
Admin & Writer

Huh, that's weird. I didn't know some of them did. Neutral And alright, lol xD

Need Help Getting Gecko OS Mod/NeoGamma to Work On Nintendo Wii LSTjSyDDiscord: SnB_BWH

Click HERE to earn free bitcoin, litecoin, dogecoin, and dash!

Win Free Bitcoins every hour!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum