BullyWiiHacks
Welcome dear guest! Very Happy

To start posting and being part of the BWH community, you simply need to register an account or log into an existing one.

If you do not wish to register at all, that's fine but there will be more advertisements. :/

You can probably see and download most content provided for regular members even without an account.

Your contributions will be greatly appreciated though, give it a shot and register today! thumbsup

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

BullyWiiHacks
Welcome dear guest! Very Happy

To start posting and being part of the BWH community, you simply need to register an account or log into an existing one.

If you do not wish to register at all, that's fine but there will be more advertisements. :/

You can probably see and download most content provided for regular members even without an account.

Your contributions will be greatly appreciated though, give it a shot and register today! thumbsup
BullyWiiHacks
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
BullyWiiHacks

Gaming, Modding & Programming

Important reminders:

- Click *HERE* for advanced forum search or check out the text field below on the front page for Google before posting
- NO support via private message (use the forum)
- Write meaningful topic titles
Site Translation
Latest topics
» Dropped Out of College to Pursue Web Dev and Life Pursuits in General
How Do I Subtract from a Register Using Gecko Codetypes? Empty4/7/2024, 2:34 pm by SnB@BWH

» Bully Made It Into a BIG Video 400K Views
How Do I Subtract from a Register Using Gecko Codetypes? Empty4/7/2024, 6:58 am by Bully@WiiPlaza

» Wii Play Tanks
How Do I Subtract from a Register Using Gecko Codetypes? Empty3/24/2024, 2:46 pm by helpmeout

» [Bypass Paywalls] (Global) @magnolia1234 - GitLab
How Do I Subtract from a Register Using Gecko Codetypes? Empty3/18/2024, 3:55 am by Seth@WiiPlaza

» [Download] Mary Shelley's Frankenhole
How Do I Subtract from a Register Using Gecko Codetypes? Empty3/16/2024, 8:29 am by Seth@WiiPlaza

» Completely Custom Modded Controllers (Undetectable)
How Do I Subtract from a Register Using Gecko Codetypes? Empty3/5/2024, 1:55 pm by Shadow@BWH

» (Zombies) Drink perks code?
How Do I Subtract from a Register Using Gecko Codetypes? Empty3/5/2024, 1:24 pm by Shadow@BWH

» Die Rückkehr zu STEAM und WARFACE
How Do I Subtract from a Register Using Gecko Codetypes? Empty3/2/2024, 3:54 am by Seth@WiiPlaza

» First person hand model change?
How Do I Subtract from a Register Using Gecko Codetypes? Empty2/28/2024, 4:53 am by Ad3lamac611

» {RELEASE} Field Raider Firefox v1.72 by Seth@WiiPlaza
How Do I Subtract from a Register Using Gecko Codetypes? Empty2/21/2024, 8:52 am by naxil

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Country Statistics
Free counters!

You are not connected. Please login or register

How Do I Subtract from a Register Using Gecko Codetypes?

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reclaimer Shawn

Reclaimer Shawn
Code Creator

Gecko Codetype 86 allows you to do several operations to Gecko Registers. I can add, multiply, xor, or, and, rotate left and right, and do float add or float multiply. However, it's conveniently missing the subtract operation. Is there some method I'm unaware of that can be used to subtract from Gecko Registers, whether or not it's with Codetype 86? And if there are such methods, how would they be done with both typical hexadecimal values and float values?

SnB@BWH

SnB@BWH
Admin & Writer

If you can find an Hexadecimal PPC opcode chart, would there be a way to add that opcode into the gecko code? I'm just seeing if there'd be a way to fuck around on it, try certain things, etc.

On the NES Game Genie, all codes were done through some sort of 6502 ASM, and even someone who doesn't code, especially in ASM, they'd still be able to make codes. I understand PPC is a lot more complex than 6502, and perhaps that is why the "gecko code" creators implemented both RAM writes, as well as PPC writes, because of the hardware workings, it seemed more acceptable that way. But there was probably just a push to get the gecko released than have every single thing thought through and of.

Going back to what I first said: Open up Gecko dotNET, search for an address with the subtract instruction, one that is preferred, and if you compare the Hex to every other instruction, you can figure out how to write an instruction with Hex in the sense that each bit of Hex corresponds to part of the instruction, its value, etc. I did this a while back but gave up on it, considering I'd never use it. I wrote it all down on paper, but probably threw it out.

Also, you could perhaps do an instruction in the unconventional way, like do all this and that to do one instruction when you can't do it by just a single instruction. There's a term for this, but I can't remember it, unfortunately.

Hopefully, you figure it out, man. Smile Would like to see how as well.

How Do I Subtract from a Register Using Gecko Codetypes? LSTjSyDDiscord: SnB_BWH

Click HERE to earn free bitcoin, litecoin, dogecoin, and dash!

Win Free Bitcoins every hour!

Reclaimer Shawn

Reclaimer Shawn
Code Creator

SnB@BWH wrote:
Hopefully, you figure it out, man.  Smile Would like to see how as well.

I ended up doing what I always do and just BS'ing it with ASM. Used a C0 Code, loaded the memory address, it's current value, and the value I wanted to subtract into registers and then used the sub instruction to finish the job.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum