BullyWiiHacks
Welcome dear guest! Very Happy

To start posting and being part of the BWH community, you simply need to register an account or log into an existing one.

If you do not wish to register at all, that's fine but there will be more advertisements. :/

You can probably see and download most content provided for regular members even without an account.

Your contributions will be greatly appreciated though, give it a shot and register today! thumbsup

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

BullyWiiHacks
Welcome dear guest! Very Happy

To start posting and being part of the BWH community, you simply need to register an account or log into an existing one.

If you do not wish to register at all, that's fine but there will be more advertisements. :/

You can probably see and download most content provided for regular members even without an account.

Your contributions will be greatly appreciated though, give it a shot and register today! thumbsup
BullyWiiHacks
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
BullyWiiHacks

Gaming, Modding & Programming

Important reminders:

- Click *HERE* for advanced forum search or check out the text field below on the front page for Google before posting
- NO support via private message (use the forum)
- Write meaningful topic titles
Site Translation
Latest topics
» Dropped Out of College to Pursue Web Dev and Life Pursuits in General
Problem with virtual console games Empty5/16/2024, 8:25 am by Bully@WiiPlaza

» Bully Made It Into a BIG Video 400K Views
Problem with virtual console games Empty4/7/2024, 6:58 am by Bully@WiiPlaza

» Wii Play Tanks
Problem with virtual console games Empty3/24/2024, 2:46 pm by helpmeout

» [Bypass Paywalls] (Global) @magnolia1234 - GitLab
Problem with virtual console games Empty3/18/2024, 3:55 am by Seth@WiiPlaza

» [Download] Mary Shelley's Frankenhole
Problem with virtual console games Empty3/16/2024, 8:29 am by Seth@WiiPlaza

» Completely Custom Modded Controllers (Undetectable)
Problem with virtual console games Empty3/5/2024, 1:55 pm by Shadow@BWH

» (Zombies) Drink perks code?
Problem with virtual console games Empty3/5/2024, 1:24 pm by Shadow@BWH

» Die Rückkehr zu STEAM und WARFACE
Problem with virtual console games Empty3/2/2024, 3:54 am by Seth@WiiPlaza

» First person hand model change?
Problem with virtual console games Empty2/28/2024, 4:53 am by Ad3lamac611

» {RELEASE} Field Raider Firefox v1.72 by Seth@WiiPlaza
Problem with virtual console games Empty2/21/2024, 8:52 am by naxil

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Country Statistics
Free counters!

You are not connected. Please login or register

Problem with virtual console games

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Problem with virtual console games Empty Problem with virtual console games 10/15/2012, 10:01 am

Welohabi

Welohabi
Moderator & Coder
Moderator & Coder

I have been trying to make codes for a virtual console game: Sonic the Hedgehog for Sega Genesis

The codes work fine for the most part. However I have noticed that if I uninstall & re-install this game, all the addresses change. They do not change until then though. Occasionally I can uninstall & re-install without them changing. To force them to change I have usually installed a few other games in between (this seems to overwrite the old one on the harddisk) or even deleted the save file for the virtual game.

I want to know if this is fixable. Using pointers does not seem to work (unless I am doing something wrong). I can provide the .wad file for this game if it necessary for testing. Thanks to anyone who helps. Sad

The energy you give, you shall receive.

Bully@WiiPlaza

Bully@WiiPlaza

You should try to make pointer codes. I´m pretty sure it´ll succeed.

If it really does NOT, your last resort is ASM. This program will help you greatly. Wink
http://www.bullywiihacks.com/t1030-wii-ppc-asm-helper-program

I find it weird that the addresses change if you delete and re-install the .wad file. They usually change on restart of the game or when a different level is played... Neutral

Welohabi

Welohabi
Moderator & Coder
Moderator & Coder

Bully@WiiPlaza wrote:I find it weird that the addresses change if you delete and re-install the .wad file. They usually change on restart of the game or when a different level is played... Neutral

That is the exact reason I am confused also. I will try your advice though. I have also noticed that most of the virtual console codes on geckocodes.org don't work for me and this could be for the same reason. Thanks.

Bully@WiiPlaza

Bully@WiiPlaza

Yep. If addresses change *at any time*, you´ll need to do a pointer search. Some games have moved addresses when the language is set to something else. Sometimes ASM moves, too. That could turn painful. But on the bright side, these kind of games usually don´t have moving non-ASM addresses. Combining ASM with pointer is possible aswell. F6 is also an option, I´ve seen people using it instead of ASM.

There´s basically always a way to make a code. I haven´t seen something impossible yet. Coding is so diverse. I surely haven´t seen everything already. Problem with virtual console games 37116458

Welohabi

Welohabi
Moderator & Coder
Moderator & Coder

It looks like a good learning experience and a good challenge. I'm going to try and figure this out. Although I know very little about ASM so far, maybe this can help teach me some things.

EDIT: I have absolutley no idea what causes the change of address. Sometimes it happens when I delete the save file. Sometimes it happens when I re install the game. Other times it will not change no matter what I do. I am extremely frustrated with this problem.

I am trying to make an infinite rings code sometimes the value it at this address:
80E832A0
Other times it is at this address:
8080E600 (GMO in the geckocodes database has this address)

It never changes to anything else(AFAIK). I have done a pointer search several times and received no results. I think I'm going to give up figuring this out. Evil or Very Mad

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum