BullyWiiHacks
Welcome dear guest! Very Happy

To start posting and being part of the BWH community, you simply need to register an account or log into an existing one.

If you do not wish to register at all, that's fine but there will be more advertisements. :/

You can probably see and download most content provided for regular members even without an account.

Your contributions will be greatly appreciated though, give it a shot and register today! thumbsup

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

BullyWiiHacks
Welcome dear guest! Very Happy

To start posting and being part of the BWH community, you simply need to register an account or log into an existing one.

If you do not wish to register at all, that's fine but there will be more advertisements. :/

You can probably see and download most content provided for regular members even without an account.

Your contributions will be greatly appreciated though, give it a shot and register today! thumbsup
BullyWiiHacks
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
BullyWiiHacks

Gaming, Modding & Programming

Important reminders:

- Click *HERE* for advanced forum search or check out the text field below on the front page for Google before posting
- NO support via private message (use the forum)
- Write meaningful topic titles
Site Translation
Latest topics
» Dropped Out of College to Pursue Web Dev and Life Pursuits in General
Virtual Console Hacking Empty5/16/2024, 8:25 am by Bully@WiiPlaza

» Bully Made It Into a BIG Video 400K Views
Virtual Console Hacking Empty4/7/2024, 6:58 am by Bully@WiiPlaza

» Wii Play Tanks
Virtual Console Hacking Empty3/24/2024, 2:46 pm by helpmeout

» [Bypass Paywalls] (Global) @magnolia1234 - GitLab
Virtual Console Hacking Empty3/18/2024, 3:55 am by Seth@WiiPlaza

» [Download] Mary Shelley's Frankenhole
Virtual Console Hacking Empty3/16/2024, 8:29 am by Seth@WiiPlaza

» Completely Custom Modded Controllers (Undetectable)
Virtual Console Hacking Empty3/5/2024, 1:55 pm by Shadow@BWH

» (Zombies) Drink perks code?
Virtual Console Hacking Empty3/5/2024, 1:24 pm by Shadow@BWH

» Die Rückkehr zu STEAM und WARFACE
Virtual Console Hacking Empty3/2/2024, 3:54 am by Seth@WiiPlaza

» First person hand model change?
Virtual Console Hacking Empty2/28/2024, 4:53 am by Ad3lamac611

» {RELEASE} Field Raider Firefox v1.72 by Seth@WiiPlaza
Virtual Console Hacking Empty2/21/2024, 8:52 am by naxil

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Country Statistics
Free counters!

You are not connected. Please login or register

Virtual Console Hacking

+2
Bully@WiiPlaza
jjrwrite
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Virtual Console Hacking Empty Virtual Console Hacking 1/22/2013, 4:39 pm

jjrwrite

jjrwrite

Hi. I'm sort of new to all this hacking stuff. I get how it works and how to do it. I have Super Mario Bros on Virtual Console. There are very few codes for it, and one of them that I really want doesn't work. My problem is that I can't find any ram dump files for it, but the ones I do find don't contain any parts of the codes that I know work. I've tried getting the WAD file and extracting it, but still the same thing. Am I going to have to use USB Gecko to dump the RAM? I plan on getting one soon. But for now, I am just using premade RAM dumps to learn more about the coding. I've spent hours after hours googling for the answer with no luck. angry

2Virtual Console Hacking Empty Re: Virtual Console Hacking 1/22/2013, 10:51 pm

Bully@WiiPlaza

Bully@WiiPlaza

And you are sure that you did everything right with activating the codes?

3Virtual Console Hacking Empty Re: Virtual Console Hacking 1/23/2013, 1:57 pm

jjrwrite

jjrwrite

It said I need to put a button activator on it. There wern't any activator codes in the list, and I can't find the Wiimote address for the game. I used a code that already had an activator, and copy/pasted it onto the non-working code, and changed the button values. Here is the code that isn't working (without added button activator):

INFINITE LIVES (by Sharkbyte)

281DE620 00000100
043B0898 00000900
E0000000 80008000

Here is the button activator code I took from the other cheat:

Taken from "Hold B and Press Right on D-Pad for More Time" (By GMO)
281A3618 00000402

I got the codes from http://geckocodes.org/index.php?c=FAGE

4Virtual Console Hacking Empty Re: Virtual Console Hacking 1/23/2013, 4:37 pm

SnB@BWH

SnB@BWH
Admin & Writer

Here's the proper button activator you're looking for.

285F71C2 0000XXXX

You're NOT supposed to take button activators from one game and add them to another game! The reason you can't do this is because every single game whether it's from one region or another always has different addresses.

There are such things as region free codes, but the game still has different addresses. The only thing that makes a code region free is putting it into a different code type such as F6 (I think).

There are games such as Call of Duty and Conduit 2 which most of the codes that are made for them are region free, but for Call of Duty only NTSC U and PAL are region free, but can still have a few addresses that are different.

It's always best to get the right button activator for the game and to NOT just make one up like what I did all of the time when I first started using hacks on the Wii. If you do what I did before, you might get an error while trying to but the game that says "DSI Exception Error Occured" and your Wii might make an annoying buzzing sound because you either overloaded the RAM with an address that will f*ck up the game or the address isn't even found in the game.

It will take you awhile to figure out basic stuff like this. It took me a really long time to learn all of this stuff and I'm still learning stuff.

Any coders, please correct me if I made a mistake.

Virtual Console Hacking LSTjSyDDiscord: SnB_BWH

Click HERE to earn free bitcoin, litecoin, dogecoin, and dash!

Win Free Bitcoins every hour!

5Virtual Console Hacking Empty Re: Virtual Console Hacking 1/24/2013, 8:29 am

Bully@WiiPlaza

Bully@WiiPlaza

You should post shorter overall though. It´s like reading a story every time. Not everyone needs it that detailed.

He took a button activator from the same cheat sheet which is allowed! (Assuming it works and the coder didn´t mess up). There´s not just 1 only button activator, but like 20 different ones per game (!). There are 19 copies and 1 master. It doesn´t matter which one you take though.

6Virtual Console Hacking Empty Re: Virtual Console Hacking 1/24/2013, 1:15 pm

jjrwrite

jjrwrite

shitnbitch wrote:Here's the proper button activator you're looking for.

285F71C2 0000XXXX

You're NOT supposed to take button activators from one game and add them to another game! The reason you can't do this is because every single game whether it's from one region or another always has different addresses.

There are such things as region free codes, but the game still has different addresses. The only thing that makes a code region free is putting it into a different code type such as F6 (I think).

There are games such as Call of Duty and Conduit 2 which most of the codes that are made for them are region free, but for Call of Duty only NTSC U and PAL are region free, but can still have a few addresses that are different.

It's always best to get the right button activator for the game and to NOT just make one up like what I did all of the time when I first started using hacks on the Wii. If you do what I did before, you might get an error while trying to but the game that says "DSI Exception Error Occured" and your Wii might make an annoying buzzing sound because you either overloaded the RAM with an address that will f*ck up the game or the address isn't even found in the game.

It will take you awhile to figure out basic stuff like this. It took me a really long time to learn all of this stuff and I'm still learning stuff.

Any coders, please correct me if I made a mistake.

I tried that button activator, and it didn't work. I think it might be a problem with the actual code. The code contains E0000000 80008000 at the end. Isn't that used to terminate a code? Wouldn't that make it so that the next time I die, the game will take away a life? I would think that the code should be constantly running.

7Virtual Console Hacking Empty Re: Virtual Console Hacking 1/24/2013, 1:26 pm

[STG]Sgt.Ghost

[STG]Sgt.Ghost
Modder & Code Porter

Play as Luigi [Thomas83Lin]
043B181C 22302719
043B0984 1E121012
003B0983 00000015
283B0896 00000200
043B181C 22372716
E0000000 80008000

Moon Jump [ZiT]
28218652 FEFF0100
004EF0A6 000000C4
E0000000 80008000

activator in red

Last edited by [STG]Sgt.Ghost on 1/24/2013, 1:31 pm; edited 1 time in total

8Virtual Console Hacking Empty Re: Virtual Console Hacking 1/24/2013, 1:29 pm

SnB@BWH

SnB@BWH
Admin & Writer

Shit! Never mind, I thought in my last post that this was a still the Goldeneye topic that I was looking at before I went to this topic. Rolling Eyes

No, the terminator line is actually supposed to be on most if not all codes.

The code will always run until you deactivate it or you disable it completely in your .gct file.

I would keep it on there if I were you.

The thing below was taken from the Gecko Codetype documentation.

Full Terminator
E0000000 XXXXYYYY

Clears the code execution status.
If XXXX<>0, ba = 0xXXXX0000
If YYYY<>0, po = 0xYYYY0000

9Virtual Console Hacking Empty Re: Virtual Console Hacking 1/24/2013, 5:07 pm

jjrwrite

jjrwrite

shitnbitch wrote:Shit! Never mind, I thought in my last post that this was a still the Goldeneye topic that I was looking at before I went to this topic. Rolling Eyes

No, the terminator line is actually supposed to be on most if not all codes.

The code will always run until you deactivate it or you disable it completely in your .gct file.

I would keep it on there if I were you.

The thing below was taken from the Gecko Codetype documentation.

Full Terminator
E0000000 XXXXYYYY

Clears the code execution status.
If XXXX<>0, ba = 0xXXXX0000
If YYYY<>0, po = 0xYYYY0000

Ok. Thanks. I think it's just a problem with the main code. Since I can't find any RAM dumps for the game, I'll just make codes for other games until I get a USB Gecko. computer

EDIT:I was able to find the wad file for the VC channel I wanted to hack. Will the WAD file work the same as a ram dump??

MERGED, Please Don't Double Post.

10Virtual Console Hacking Empty Re: Virtual Console Hacking 2/11/2013, 12:33 pm

SnB@BWH

SnB@BWH
Admin & Writer

No, the WAD is for installing the game, it won't work for making codes out of it, but you can make codes for the WAD as long as it's a game channel with a USB Gecko.

I'm pretty sure that you can make RAM dumps from a WAD as long as it's already installed and it's a game channel. No one really cares for making RAM dumps from channels though, but in my opinion, I think they should.

11Virtual Console Hacking Empty Re: Virtual Console Hacking 2/11/2013, 12:38 pm

Welohabi

Welohabi
Moderator & Coder
Moderator & Coder

Channels can have RAM dumps just like games. Hacking them is actually easier most of the time. You need a USB gecko to do any of this though.

The energy you give, you shall receive.

12Virtual Console Hacking Empty Re: Virtual Console Hacking 2/11/2013, 1:49 pm

SnB@BWH

SnB@BWH
Admin & Writer

Pretty much any game, console, computer, player or anything similar to those things has RAM, but in order to make a dump of the RAM you need a program or some kind of hardware just like the USB Gecko.

13Virtual Console Hacking Empty Re: Virtual Console Hacking 2/16/2013, 1:08 pm

jjrwrite

jjrwrite

Ok. So I need a USBGecko to hack channels. Thank guys .

14Virtual Console Hacking Empty Re: Virtual Console Hacking 2/16/2013, 1:27 pm

SnB@BWH

SnB@BWH
Admin & Writer

Yes, you need a USB Gecko to hack any type of application on the Wii. If only there was a homebrew application that could debug Wii applications.

15Virtual Console Hacking Empty Re: Virtual Console Hacking 2/16/2013, 4:47 pm

xSwifTeX

xSwifTeX
Faithful Member

I'm gonna start learning about console hacking, im gonna get USB Gecko soon.. Smile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum