BullyWiiHacks
Welcome dear guest! Very Happy

To start posting and being part of the BWH community, you simply need to register an account or log into an existing one.

If you do not wish to register at all, that's fine but there will be more advertisements. :/

You can probably see and download most content provided for regular members even without an account.

Your contributions will be greatly appreciated though, give it a shot and register today! thumbsup

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

BullyWiiHacks
Welcome dear guest! Very Happy

To start posting and being part of the BWH community, you simply need to register an account or log into an existing one.

If you do not wish to register at all, that's fine but there will be more advertisements. :/

You can probably see and download most content provided for regular members even without an account.

Your contributions will be greatly appreciated though, give it a shot and register today! thumbsup
BullyWiiHacks
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
BullyWiiHacks

Gaming, Modding & Programming

Important reminders:

- Click *HERE* for advanced forum search or check out the text field below on the front page for Google before posting
- NO support via private message (use the forum)
- Write meaningful topic titles
Site Translation
Latest topics
» Dropped Out of College to Pursue Web Dev and Life Pursuits in General
[Code request] 4:3 letterbox black border removal for New Super Mario Bros. Wii Empty4/7/2024, 2:34 pm by SnB@BWH

» Bully Made It Into a BIG Video 400K Views
[Code request] 4:3 letterbox black border removal for New Super Mario Bros. Wii Empty4/7/2024, 6:58 am by Bully@WiiPlaza

» Wii Play Tanks
[Code request] 4:3 letterbox black border removal for New Super Mario Bros. Wii Empty3/24/2024, 2:46 pm by helpmeout

» [Bypass Paywalls] (Global) @magnolia1234 - GitLab
[Code request] 4:3 letterbox black border removal for New Super Mario Bros. Wii Empty3/18/2024, 3:55 am by Seth@WiiPlaza

» [Download] Mary Shelley's Frankenhole
[Code request] 4:3 letterbox black border removal for New Super Mario Bros. Wii Empty3/16/2024, 8:29 am by Seth@WiiPlaza

» Completely Custom Modded Controllers (Undetectable)
[Code request] 4:3 letterbox black border removal for New Super Mario Bros. Wii Empty3/5/2024, 1:55 pm by Shadow@BWH

» (Zombies) Drink perks code?
[Code request] 4:3 letterbox black border removal for New Super Mario Bros. Wii Empty3/5/2024, 1:24 pm by Shadow@BWH

» Die Rückkehr zu STEAM und WARFACE
[Code request] 4:3 letterbox black border removal for New Super Mario Bros. Wii Empty3/2/2024, 3:54 am by Seth@WiiPlaza

» First person hand model change?
[Code request] 4:3 letterbox black border removal for New Super Mario Bros. Wii Empty2/28/2024, 4:53 am by Ad3lamac611

» {RELEASE} Field Raider Firefox v1.72 by Seth@WiiPlaza
[Code request] 4:3 letterbox black border removal for New Super Mario Bros. Wii Empty2/21/2024, 8:52 am by naxil

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Country Statistics
Free counters!

You are not connected. Please login or register

[Code request] 4:3 letterbox black border removal for New Super Mario Bros. Wii

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

brandondorf.raguz

brandondorf.raguz

Right now, I'm requesting a code that will uncrop the top and bottom so that these annoying black bars used in certain menus, gameplay, title screen and much more to be removed when set to 4:3 through the general settings based on the Dolphin Emulator. I'm playing the NTSC version of the New Super Mario Bros. game on Wii. These bars are cropped if set on 16:9. The other games including this one uses anamorphic FOV rather than Vert- for screen change between 4:3 and 16:9. This is the anamorphic screen of the game in question containing these bars that need to be removed to uncrop the top and bottom with Vert+ FOV:
[Code request] 4:3 letterbox black border removal for New Super Mario Bros. Wii XcNejjM

This is the screenshot that doesn't have black bars, but HUD is stretched and I've used widescreen hack on the level selection screen that's in 3D:
[Code request] 4:3 letterbox black border removal for New Super Mario Bros. Wii S9yZkzo

Everytime I use widescreen hack and set the ratio in the graphics options to "Force 4:3" while the aspect ratio in the general settings is on 16:9, the screen just stretches and does not uncrop the top and bottom on other screens and the level gameplay, but the level select does. I need a code that can change the screen to 4:3 in a Y FOV so that I can view more top and bottom and the HUD is not stretched and still positioned in the 16x9 safe position without using the widescreen hack that's on the Dolphin Emulator. Everything else like the file selection and the Wii remote usage have 4:3 ratio without the black bars.

Last edited by brandondorf.raguz on 4/18/2014, 4:35 pm; edited 4 times in total

Trusty

Trusty

I presume you never found this? lol

SnB@BWH

SnB@BWH
Admin & Writer

If you're using Dolphin Emulator, there now exists a program called Dolphin Memory Engine. Look it up. It's available on Github. Does pretty much the same thing as Gecko dotNet, but is kinda like Cheat Engine.

Learn how to use it, and you can create the code. I don't think you would need any form of assembly, just a Direct RAM Write, which is the 00-05 codetypes, depending on the amount of bytes to write, but 04/05 would work either way. Your code is most likely a Float by the looks of it.

It's been so long since I've done any coding or anything involving the Wii, so I apologize that I may not be of much help.

[Code request] 4:3 letterbox black border removal for New Super Mario Bros. Wii LSTjSyDDiscord: SnB_BWH

Click HERE to earn free bitcoin, litecoin, dogecoin, and dash!

Win Free Bitcoins every hour!

Trusty likes this post

Trusty

Trusty

SnB@BWH wrote:If you're using Dolphin Emulator, there now exists a program called Dolphin Memory Engine. Look it up. It's available on Github. Does pretty much the same thing as Gecko dotNet, but is kinda like Cheat Engine.

Learn how to use it, and you can create the code. I don't think you would need any form of assembly, just a Direct RAM Write, which is the 00-05 codetypes, depending on the amount of bytes to write, but 04/05 would work either way. Your code is most likely a Float by the looks of it.

It's been so long since I've done any coding or anything involving the Wii, so I apologize that I may not be of much help.

How would i go about doing this on actual hardware? Is it possible? I appreciate the reply. I just got a wii and mario letterboxing itself kills me lol would love to have a way to run it at 4:3 on my bvm

SnB@BWH

SnB@BWH
Admin & Writer

To make the code on actual hardware (the Wii), you would need a device known as a USB Gecko, but they are pretty well non-existent now. Anyone who has one will not give theirs up, not even for a hefty price.

The easiest, most practical and most affordable, etc., way of making codes that will also work on your Wii is by using Dolphin Emulator and Dolphin Memory Engine. However, this requires a half decent computer, definitely not a 10-15 year old cheap computer. Almost all modern-day (within past 5 or so years) computers can run Dolphin pretty easily. I learned that lesson pretty quick with my old Windows Vista... what a fucking nightmare that computer was! lol xD

Look up some tutorials on Wii coding on YouTube, or even Cheat Engine tutorials, because learning how to code on one platform can easily be made transferable knowledge to another.

[Code request] 4:3 letterbox black border removal for New Super Mario Bros. Wii LSTjSyDDiscord: SnB_BWH

Click HERE to earn free bitcoin, litecoin, dogecoin, and dash!

Win Free Bitcoins every hour!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum