BullyWiiHacks
Welcome dear guest! Very Happy

To start posting and being part of the BWH community, you simply need to register an account or log into an existing one.

If you do not wish to register at all, that's fine but there will be more advertisements. :/

You can probably see and download most content provided for regular members even without an account.

Your contributions will be greatly appreciated though, give it a shot and register today! thumbsup

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

BullyWiiHacks
Welcome dear guest! Very Happy

To start posting and being part of the BWH community, you simply need to register an account or log into an existing one.

If you do not wish to register at all, that's fine but there will be more advertisements. :/

You can probably see and download most content provided for regular members even without an account.

Your contributions will be greatly appreciated though, give it a shot and register today! thumbsup
BullyWiiHacks
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
BullyWiiHacks

Gaming, Modding & Programming

Important reminders:

- Click *HERE* for advanced forum search or check out the text field below on the front page for Google before posting
- NO support via private message (use the forum)
- Write meaningful topic titles
Site Translation
Latest topics
» Dropped Out of College to Pursue Web Dev and Life Pursuits in General
Connecting a Gecko dot NET-like Program to Dolphin Empty4/7/2024, 2:34 pm by SnB@BWH

» Bully Made It Into a BIG Video 400K Views
Connecting a Gecko dot NET-like Program to Dolphin Empty4/7/2024, 6:58 am by Bully@WiiPlaza

» Wii Play Tanks
Connecting a Gecko dot NET-like Program to Dolphin Empty3/24/2024, 2:46 pm by helpmeout

» [Bypass Paywalls] (Global) @magnolia1234 - GitLab
Connecting a Gecko dot NET-like Program to Dolphin Empty3/18/2024, 3:55 am by Seth@WiiPlaza

» [Download] Mary Shelley's Frankenhole
Connecting a Gecko dot NET-like Program to Dolphin Empty3/16/2024, 8:29 am by Seth@WiiPlaza

» Completely Custom Modded Controllers (Undetectable)
Connecting a Gecko dot NET-like Program to Dolphin Empty3/5/2024, 1:55 pm by Shadow@BWH

» (Zombies) Drink perks code?
Connecting a Gecko dot NET-like Program to Dolphin Empty3/5/2024, 1:24 pm by Shadow@BWH

» Die Rückkehr zu STEAM und WARFACE
Connecting a Gecko dot NET-like Program to Dolphin Empty3/2/2024, 3:54 am by Seth@WiiPlaza

» First person hand model change?
Connecting a Gecko dot NET-like Program to Dolphin Empty2/28/2024, 4:53 am by Ad3lamac611

» {RELEASE} Field Raider Firefox v1.72 by Seth@WiiPlaza
Connecting a Gecko dot NET-like Program to Dolphin Empty2/21/2024, 8:52 am by naxil

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Country Statistics
Free counters!

You are not connected. Please login or register

Connecting a Gecko dot NET-like Program to Dolphin

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

SnB@BWH

SnB@BWH
Admin & Writer

I don't see why after so much development has gone into Dolphin, yet it has the most shittiest and useless debugger / cheat search I have ever seen! Why isn't there a program like Gecko dotNET that connects to Dolphin and allows much better debugging capabilities? I know this is possiible, because Reclaimer Shawn has built a few trainers for a game played through Dolphin. So, if he can connect a program to Dolphin, which changes values, then why hasn't there been a program developed to debug the games through Dolphin?

I know this is possible and I do think someone should create it. Why? Everybody who always wanted a USB Gecko, but couldn't, because of a variety of issues they may have had getting one, would now be able to do what they wanted without the use of a USB Gecko.

Just a thought for those programmers out there. Wink

Connecting a Gecko dot NET-like Program to Dolphin LSTjSyDDiscord: SnB_BWH

Click HERE to earn free bitcoin, litecoin, dogecoin, and dash!

Win Free Bitcoins every hour!

XxModZxX@WiiPlaza

XxModZxX@WiiPlaza
Mod Skid Programmer, Coder & Hacker

I sould just take the stuff from Gecko dotNET then just make it to where if dolphin is open a tab pops up then you can do what you do in the Wii sections. Then just release it. Ill try if I learn how to decompile programs like that and add things to the code like you would do to a minecraft hacked client to edit it and edit things.

SnB@BWH

SnB@BWH
Admin & Writer

Bully said a while back that when editing programs, you can only change stuff like text, and I don't know, but maybe the colours of the buttons too. That's what he did with Gecko dotNET; he just corrected a grammatical error.

You can't really change the code of a program. However, I read online somewhere a couple of weeks ago, that you can change the code of a program, but you would need to reverse engineer it, which means having to know possibly x86 Assembly. But not only that, you would need to break down the Assembly code and know what each instruction does in the program's compiled language. It ain't easy. Neutral

XxModZxX@WiiPlaza

XxModZxX@WiiPlaza

I mean its worth a shot if it would bring back Wii coders and shit

Bully@WiiPlaza

Bully@WiiPlaza

shitnbitch@BWH wrote:Bully said a while back that when editing programs, you can only change stuff like text, and I don't know, but maybe the colours of the buttons too. That's what he did with Gecko dotNET; he just corrected a grammatical error.

You can't really change the code of a program. However, I read online somewhere a couple of weeks ago, that you can change the code of a program, but you would need to reverse engineer it, which means having to know possibly x86 Assembly. But not only that, you would need to break down the Assembly code and know what each instruction does in the program's compiled language. It ain't easy.  Neutral
True but they released the source code for older versions so the best idea would be to use the newest available source just normally because you can't really modify an existing program to a great extent because it won't ever compile again. Of course you can make small edits/patches like when you hack a game but no "fundamental" things.

XxModZxX@WiiPlaza

XxModZxX@WiiPlaza

If I take the source code then just make it to where its directed to dolphin think it would work?

SnB@BWH

SnB@BWH
Admin & Writer

No, it's more complicated than that. It would directly need to be redesigned to work with Dolphin. It's designed to work with the Wii hardware and software, and not the Dolphin software. Basically, you would need to create an entirely new program.

XxModZxX@WiiPlaza

XxModZxX@WiiPlaza

Im still going to see what I can do with the code and then if I can make it so I don't have to do so much work I would and I'll try to

Bully@WiiPlaza

Bully@WiiPlaza

Great programs like Gecko.NET are hard to come by but this is more of a PC tool hacking thing so Cheat Engine might work better.

XxModZxX@WiiPlaza

XxModZxX@WiiPlaza

Cheat engine won't work cause what he wants is a program that is directly to that program (dolphin) so it will work just for the program

It depends on what you trying to use it for. The actual Dolphin or the actual games.

Bully is right, just use Cheat engine if you don't want to use the Dolphin default engine.

But your saying you want to use the features of Gecko .NET

XxModZxX@WiiPlaza

XxModZxX@WiiPlaza

No we just want a program like Gecko dotNET for dolphin so we dont have to use the shitty one they have and the people that have always wanted a USB Gecko could code Wii games without one.

SnB@BWH

SnB@BWH
Admin & Writer

@DB & Bully

Cheat Engine is designed for PC hacking, not Wii hacking though. Since Dolphin runs the games through an emulator, you would be hacking Dolphin and not the actual game.

@ModZ

Yes, exactly!

Bully@WiiPlaza

Bully@WiiPlaza

Uhm, since Gecko.NET is so good you might as well get a USB Gecko on a real Wii. It's actually worth it and you can still run your game "backups". I remember when the USB Geckos went for like 15 €. Razz Damn good deal though but there aren't many people who know how to use it well Suspect

XxModZxX@WiiPlaza

XxModZxX@WiiPlaza

I cant get a USB gekco no one sells theres anymore. I got a new wii but isnt going to change me not getting one

SnB@BWH

SnB@BWH
Admin & Writer

I do have a USB Gecko, and if I used it now, I would prolly be a lot better at it since I know more about game hacking. I don't have a TV to play it on and if I did, I wouldn't have anywhere to put it to hook it up to my computer. That's why I would prefer this. Neutral

XxModZxX@WiiPlaza

XxModZxX@WiiPlaza

shitnbitch@BWH wrote:I do have a USB Gecko, and if I used it now, I would prolly be a lot better at it since I know more about game hacking. I don't have a TV to play it on and if I did, I wouldn't have anywhere to put it to hook it up to my computer. That's why I would prefer this.  Neutral
I have a Wii and a TV Wink And a computer

SnB@BWH

SnB@BWH
Admin & Writer

@ModZ

Lucky you. Wink

Want me to teach you code porting (again)?

SnB@BWH

SnB@BWH
Admin & Writer

ModZ recently showed me a program he found that does the job quite well. Here's the link to it. Click on assets below the version nformation, and choose either Linux or Windows, depending on your OS.

https://github.com/aldelaro5/Dolphin-memory-engine/releases

Thanks, ModZ! Smile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum