BullyWiiHacks
Welcome dear guest! Very Happy

To start posting and being part of the BWH community, you simply need to register an account or log into an existing one.

If you do not wish to register at all, that's fine but there will be more advertisements. :/

You can probably see and download most content provided for regular members even without an account.

Your contributions will be greatly appreciated though, give it a shot and register today! thumbsup

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

BullyWiiHacks
Welcome dear guest! Very Happy

To start posting and being part of the BWH community, you simply need to register an account or log into an existing one.

If you do not wish to register at all, that's fine but there will be more advertisements. :/

You can probably see and download most content provided for regular members even without an account.

Your contributions will be greatly appreciated though, give it a shot and register today! thumbsup
BullyWiiHacks
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
BullyWiiHacks

Gaming, Modding & Programming

Important reminders:

- Click *HERE* for advanced forum search or check out the text field below on the front page for Google before posting
- NO support via private message (use the forum)
- Write meaningful topic titles
Site Translation
Latest topics
» Dropped Out of College to Pursue Web Dev and Life Pursuits in General
[REQUEST] Dragon Ball Z Budokai Tenkaichi 3 for the WII potara customization cost limit removal [RDSE70] Empty4/7/2024, 2:34 pm by SnB@BWH

» Bully Made It Into a BIG Video 400K Views
[REQUEST] Dragon Ball Z Budokai Tenkaichi 3 for the WII potara customization cost limit removal [RDSE70] Empty4/7/2024, 6:58 am by Bully@WiiPlaza

» Wii Play Tanks
[REQUEST] Dragon Ball Z Budokai Tenkaichi 3 for the WII potara customization cost limit removal [RDSE70] Empty3/24/2024, 2:46 pm by helpmeout

» [Bypass Paywalls] (Global) @magnolia1234 - GitLab
[REQUEST] Dragon Ball Z Budokai Tenkaichi 3 for the WII potara customization cost limit removal [RDSE70] Empty3/18/2024, 3:55 am by Seth@WiiPlaza

» [Download] Mary Shelley's Frankenhole
[REQUEST] Dragon Ball Z Budokai Tenkaichi 3 for the WII potara customization cost limit removal [RDSE70] Empty3/16/2024, 8:29 am by Seth@WiiPlaza

» Completely Custom Modded Controllers (Undetectable)
[REQUEST] Dragon Ball Z Budokai Tenkaichi 3 for the WII potara customization cost limit removal [RDSE70] Empty3/5/2024, 1:55 pm by Shadow@BWH

» (Zombies) Drink perks code?
[REQUEST] Dragon Ball Z Budokai Tenkaichi 3 for the WII potara customization cost limit removal [RDSE70] Empty3/5/2024, 1:24 pm by Shadow@BWH

» Die Rückkehr zu STEAM und WARFACE
[REQUEST] Dragon Ball Z Budokai Tenkaichi 3 for the WII potara customization cost limit removal [RDSE70] Empty3/2/2024, 3:54 am by Seth@WiiPlaza

» First person hand model change?
[REQUEST] Dragon Ball Z Budokai Tenkaichi 3 for the WII potara customization cost limit removal [RDSE70] Empty2/28/2024, 4:53 am by Ad3lamac611

» {RELEASE} Field Raider Firefox v1.72 by Seth@WiiPlaza
[REQUEST] Dragon Ball Z Budokai Tenkaichi 3 for the WII potara customization cost limit removal [RDSE70] Empty2/21/2024, 8:52 am by naxil

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Country Statistics
Free counters!

You are not connected. Please login or register

[REQUEST] Dragon Ball Z Budokai Tenkaichi 3 for the WII potara customization cost limit removal [RDSE70]

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

shadowpikachu

shadowpikachu

The code i've been looking for only exists in ps2 GS versions so i know it's possible but, can someone have a code that changes the ability limit from 7 to 99 in the potara customization? (which is what i'd think would be the easiest opposed to all potara to 1 cost)

SnB@BWH

SnB@BWH
Admin & Writer

Hi there.

It might be possible to port it if it's the same game. I haven't done porting from one console to another. Maybe one code, but that was it, and I think I just got lucky. I'm not even sure if the code even works. I don't think it would be as easy to port from a non-Nintendo console to a Nintendo console as it is to port from Nintendo to Nintendo.

If PCSX2 (a PS2 emulator) has a debugger, you could look at the code within RAM on PS2, and try to find a comparison on Wii. I haven't got a clue on PS2 hacking, so you'll either have to ask someone else or do some Googling. Neutral

[REQUEST] Dragon Ball Z Budokai Tenkaichi 3 for the WII potara customization cost limit removal [RDSE70] LSTjSyDDiscord: SnB_BWH

Click HERE to earn free bitcoin, litecoin, dogecoin, and dash!

Win Free Bitcoins every hour!

shadowpikachu

shadowpikachu

SnB@BWH wrote:Hi there.

It might be possible to port it if it's the same game. I haven't done porting from one console to another. Maybe one code, but that was it, and I think I just got lucky. I'm not even sure if the code even works. I don't think it would be as easy to port from a non-Nintendo console to a Nintendo console as it is to port from Nintendo to Nintendo.

If PCSX2 (a PS2 emulator) has a debugger, you could look at the code within RAM on PS2, and try to find a comparison on Wii. I haven't got a clue on PS2 hacking, so you'll either have to ask someone else or do some Googling.  Neutral

Yeah, i figure porting is near impossible cross cheating device AND console at the same time, i know jackshit about hacking or ram or any of that and was more asking if anyone can make a gecko code that does the same thing in function more-so then this impossible level porting.

1 Slot Per Potara
406BAE7C 0061000E
00000023 00000000

^^^ the gameshark ps2 code im talking about if it helps

I just remembered i did use a tool to convert it to action replay/gecko but it diddn't work at all.

shadowpikachu

shadowpikachu

Sorry for doublepost but i did some testing and found the address' that holds the ability limit.

912960E3

If someone can turn this into a usable code, which is what i failed to do, this'll be done!

Edit: further research with ram watching is first value counts down to 1 from the max and second value is current cost, maybe just change the second?

SnB@BWH

SnB@BWH
Admin & Writer

MEM90 addresses are usually used for pointer searches. Also, in Wii memory, the addresses almost always end within 4 byte segments (0, 4, 8, C), not 3, but that is probably because this is MEM90, not MEM80. You said value, did you mean to say address instead? Values are what are held at an address. An address is just a location in memory to hold a value / instruction.

If you're using Dolphin for RAM dumping, assuming you have edited the target properties of the Dolphin shortcut to enable Dolphin into debugging mode, click on MRAM for MEM80 and EXRAM for MEM90. This is easily memorized by MainRAM and EXtraRAM.

Changing the first value (address?) from a decrement (what it is doing) to an increment with assembly would eventually give you more than the max. I don't know what "potara" is in the game, but let's say it's cash, just for this example - Incrementing instead of decrementing, upon purchasing something, will increase your money instead of decreasing.

The second address, as you said, is the cost. So, this, depnding on the instruction(s), can be done either with a 32 bit write or an assembly instruction. If the game holds the cost at that address for each item, assembly will be needed to tell it what the cost should be for all items. Moreover, if the address holds the value for a single item, (the potara), a simple 32 bit write should suffice.

If this was 6502 assembly for the NES, I'd be able to help you out a lot more, lol Unfortunately, I know very little to none at all PowerPC assembly. The above paragraph is solely based off of my experience of game hacking. It might not even be correct. You'll have to do some experimenting. Every game is programmed a bit differently, but the concepts to game hacking still apply in all regards, nevertheless.

Also, there is no problem with double, or even triple posting, so long as you are contributing information to the topic, and not just a few words (spam).

I hope this gives you a bit more guidance. If you have any more questions, feel free to ask. Always here to help. Smile

[REQUEST] Dragon Ball Z Budokai Tenkaichi 3 for the WII potara customization cost limit removal [RDSE70] LSTjSyDDiscord: SnB_BWH

shadowpikachu

shadowpikachu

Whenever i edit the line and i check the ram it isnt changed, i even tried copying working codes numbers to try and get something to change but it feels like my code doesnt have any change.

SnB@BWH

SnB@BWH
Admin & Writer

Not sure what to tell you. Dolphin is pretty shitty when it comes to making codes. I wish it was more like FCEUX, however, it can still be buggy, but not as near as Dolphin's incapabilities. What do you mean copying working codes' numbers, changing the value? That will only work depending on the address, and if one value does not have an effect, you are guaranteed no other value will have an effect.

"Whenever I edit the line, and I check the RAM, it isn't changed."
You haven't froze the value. You need to make a code, enable it, then the value should stick. Try doing a 04 code. 04 if below 81, +1 (05) if 81 or above. 04ADDRESS VALUE = 04123ABC 3F800000

Please post the code you have made, so I can further help you. I can take a look at it, and possibly see what is wrong with it.

shadowpikachu

shadowpikachu

As for the codes i made, i sorta just took the addresses i dug up and then added a number after, all in the gecko codes list.

Such as...

91294903 00000009

or

912960E3 00000009

and other various numbers/letters for testing.

And for 'copying from working' i mean those second half of the codes which i assume is the assigned value from another one that works.

And yes my knowledge literally is 'i just started yesterday' tier.

SnB@BWH

SnB@BWH
Admin & Writer

OK, so you can't just take values from one code and expect them to work for another code (just stating, not trying to sound rude). Are those two different codes or two different values you changed? The value is the 32 bits on the right. The address is the 32 bits on the left. Changing the one on the right (the value) will change the effect. The left will change the function, such as health, or ammo, jump height, etc.

Can you take screenshots of how you got the codes? It'll be beneficial for me to see how it is you are making the codes. Take a screenshot of every step. A good screenshot program, if you need one, would be Lightshot or Greenshot. I use Lightshot, because it's easier to use. Whereas, Greenshot has more features. Your choice, doesn't really matter though, as long as I can see what it is you are doing.

shadowpikachu

shadowpikachu

I can't post direct links yet for another day due to 1 week no-linking rule, so im hoping just dropping a pastebin code will suffice and not technically break any rules.

Uvc5T6YV

SnB@BWH

SnB@BWH
Admin & Writer

I'll see about disabling that, if I can find the option to do so. You should be allowed to post links, no matter if you joined 5 months ago, or 5 minutes ago. It shouldn't matter.

I took a look at your paste and video. I did some Googling and found this link HERE. I'm not sure how you would make a code for MEM90 ranges. One guy on there said to use the 48 pointer codetype, but I'm not sure what the syntax would be to have the codetype know it is MEM90 you are using.  Neutral

Your addresses seem to be the right addresses though. Smile

shadowpikachu

shadowpikachu

So the correct way to go is find the costs of the potara as that is in-game and not a save-related change, like the ps2 code.

Back to square one.

912960E7 = total current cost linearly, but still seemingly uneditable

SnB@BWH

SnB@BWH
Admin & Writer

So, apparently, MEM90 addresses are constantly changing. Does the address change every time you play a new level, race, your character dies, etc.? If so you might have to make a pointer code. I dont know how to make pointer codes, but I am the kind of person to look at something and figure it out, so I will do my best to help you there. If the address changes, let me know, and I'll write up a short tutorial for you on the 48 codetype (pointer), and we'll work on it together.

shadowpikachu

shadowpikachu

They are LITERALLY constantly changing and clearing, like in the opening and in the menu they use different blank placeholder data.

Like 00 or FE or someother value in every single related space.

Back from weekend btw.

SnB@BWH

SnB@BWH
Admin & Writer

Follow along with this tutorial by Bully, but do the same thing in Dolphin (dumping the RAM(this is for Gecko dotNET)). You will use 90009340, instead of 80008180, since your address is in the MEM91 range.

I couldn't find Dr. Pepper's PointerSearch v4. It's lost, unless someone has it and can re-upload it. For now, use Bully's Universal Pointer Search program. It's better, anyways.

https://github.com/BullyWiiPlaza/Universal-Pointer-Searcher

If you have any questions or are stumped, you know what to do. Smile

SnB@BWH

SnB@BWH
Admin & Writer

Have you figured it out yet? Neutral

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum