BullyWiiHacks
Welcome dear guest! Very Happy

To start posting and being part of the BWH community, you simply need to register an account or log into an existing one.

If you do not wish to register at all, that's fine but there will be more advertisements. :/

You can probably see and download most content provided for regular members even without an account.

Your contributions will be greatly appreciated though, give it a shot and register today! thumbsup

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

BullyWiiHacks
Welcome dear guest! Very Happy

To start posting and being part of the BWH community, you simply need to register an account or log into an existing one.

If you do not wish to register at all, that's fine but there will be more advertisements. :/

You can probably see and download most content provided for regular members even without an account.

Your contributions will be greatly appreciated though, give it a shot and register today! thumbsup
BullyWiiHacks
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
BullyWiiHacks

Gaming, Modding & Programming

Important reminders:

- Click *HERE* for advanced forum search or check out the text field below on the front page for Google before posting
- NO support via private message (use the forum)
- Write meaningful topic titles
Site Translation
Latest topics
» Dropped Out of College to Pursue Web Dev and Life Pursuits in General
Wii U SD Card Cheats Help Empty4/7/2024, 2:34 pm by SnB@BWH

» Bully Made It Into a BIG Video 400K Views
Wii U SD Card Cheats Help Empty4/7/2024, 6:58 am by Bully@WiiPlaza

» Wii Play Tanks
Wii U SD Card Cheats Help Empty3/24/2024, 2:46 pm by helpmeout

» [Bypass Paywalls] (Global) @magnolia1234 - GitLab
Wii U SD Card Cheats Help Empty3/18/2024, 3:55 am by Seth@WiiPlaza

» [Download] Mary Shelley's Frankenhole
Wii U SD Card Cheats Help Empty3/16/2024, 8:29 am by Seth@WiiPlaza

» Completely Custom Modded Controllers (Undetectable)
Wii U SD Card Cheats Help Empty3/5/2024, 1:55 pm by Shadow@BWH

» (Zombies) Drink perks code?
Wii U SD Card Cheats Help Empty3/5/2024, 1:24 pm by Shadow@BWH

» Die Rückkehr zu STEAM und WARFACE
Wii U SD Card Cheats Help Empty3/2/2024, 3:54 am by Seth@WiiPlaza

» First person hand model change?
Wii U SD Card Cheats Help Empty2/28/2024, 4:53 am by Ad3lamac611

» {RELEASE} Field Raider Firefox v1.72 by Seth@WiiPlaza
Wii U SD Card Cheats Help Empty2/21/2024, 8:52 am by naxil

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Country Statistics
Free counters!

You are not connected. Please login or register

Wii U SD Card Cheats Help

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Wii U SD Card Cheats Help Empty Wii U SD Card Cheats Help 3/7/2021, 11:36 am

Mathias64

Mathias64

Hi all,

I have been having an issue with loading cheats on my Wii U through my SD card. I have the exported GCTU file in a "codes" folder from J Gecko on the SD Card and have verified the cheat codes are correct for the game.

Anyways, I followed a guide on Youtube to use Mocha SD Access and TCPGecko, but when I try to load the game, the Wii U freezes.

The steps I took were:

• Load Mocha SD Card Access via Hakchi. I press "A" at the Mocha menu and then it shoots me back to the Wii U Menu.

• Once back at the Wii U Menu, I go back to Hakchi and load the TCPGecko app. At the TCPGecko menu, I press "X" for the option to load the code handler with SD cheats.

• When it returns me back to Wii U Menu, I then try to load the game I want to play with cheats, but when trying to load, the Wii U freezes and I am forced to power down the system.

Are there any steps I am missing or other ways to load GTCU cheats from an SD card? Most of the guides online appear to be at least a few years old now, so I don't know if the methods have changed.

Thanks in advance for any assistance!

2Wii U SD Card Cheats Help Empty Re: Wii U SD Card Cheats Help 3/8/2021, 6:01 am

Bully@WiiPlaza

Bully@WiiPlaza

Hello, did you try to figure out if one of the cheats cause the freeze? Try to make a smaller code list and try again until you found out the reason. In general nothing about the method has changed, it hasn't been developed or improved further due to a general lack of community interest/support.

3Wii U SD Card Cheats Help Empty Re: Wii U SD Card Cheats Help 4/26/2021, 2:40 pm

Mathias64

Mathias64

Hi,

I used less cheat codes in a generated GCTU file, but still no luck. The cheat codes are confirmed correct and the GCTU file is in the "codes" folder on the root of my SD Card.

I know in the YouTube tutorial it is mentioned you have to launch through Mii Maker and not the HomeBrew Launcher 2.1.

I'm not sure I am doing it right, though. I do not know how to load it from Mii Maker. Does it matter if I am using Haxchi?

Basically, I get to my HomeBrew through Hakchi and boot the Mocha SD CFW from there. It takes me back to the Wii U Menu.

I then go back into Hakchi, run TCPGecko and it prompts me to press "A" to install TCPGecko with the code handler or "X" for the code handler/SD Cheats.

If I press "A" or "X", I get sent back to the Wii U Menu. I then launch the game that I want to use cheats.

If I had previously pressed "A" for TCPGecko and I try to load the game, the game will load normally but cheats are not active.

If I had previously pressed "X" for the TCPGecko and then try to the load the game, it freezes the system.

Is there a step I may be missing here?

Thanks for any help or advice you can provide.

4Wii U SD Card Cheats Help Empty Re: Wii U SD Card Cheats Help 4/26/2021, 4:06 pm

SnB@BWH

SnB@BWH
Admin & Writer

More often than not, when you get a weird error or the system freezes or gets stuck on a loading screen, it's because you have codes enabled that are no longer compatible, or aren't even compatible to begin with. Go through your entire list of codes, enable one at a time, and if it works, great! Then enable the next code, and so on and so forth, until it freezes. Once it freezes, you will know that code is causing it to fuck up.

I'm not sure about WiiU, but on Wii in Gecko OS, you had to choose the correct hooktype for the game you were wanting to cheat, otherwise the game would play without cheats. Have you tried changing the hooktype (if there is an option to change it)?

Also, just something to laugh at: When I read your post at top, I read the date, and wondered... Why the fuck is this guy replying back to Bully a year later. Then I realized, oh shit... This IS 2021. I thought 2021 was last year,  lol  You only posted about two months ago. Still, a long time to wait for a reply though, you motherfucker!  lol  xD  Troll

Last edited by SnB@BWH on 4/27/2021, 2:17 pm; edited 1 time in total

Wii U SD Card Cheats Help LSTjSyDDiscord: SnB_BWH

Click HERE to earn free bitcoin, litecoin, dogecoin, and dash!

Win Free Bitcoins every hour!

5Wii U SD Card Cheats Help Empty Re: Wii U SD Card Cheats Help 4/27/2021, 2:31 am

Mathias64

Mathias64

For the record, these codes are a set for a randomizer for Pikmin: https://github.com/Minty-Meeo/Pikmin-1-Randomizer

I have already confirmed they are correctly input in the GTCU file for my version of the game (the Wii New Play Control version), so that isn't the issue.

I see no option to change hooktype. I'm playing on a Wii U, so not sure if that matters.

Also, for the record, I had not had a chance to try this in a month, so that is why I had a late reply. What does that even matter?

Seriously, if you want to act like a complete insulting jerk, keep that to yourself. There was no need to reply like that after someone is requesting help.

6Wii U SD Card Cheats Help Empty Re: Wii U SD Card Cheats Help 4/27/2021, 2:07 pm

SnB@BWH

SnB@BWH
Admin & Writer

I did put a lol, a big grin and a troll face on there to let you know I am making a laugh to have with you, AND... I did start by saying, "Just something to laugh at." Is that not enough? Wii U SD Card Cheats Help 679583284

I'm laughing my ass off right now, instead of saying, "Hey, that guy called me a jerk, boo hoo, I'm so upset and angry." Here's a life lesson for ya... If someone says something to you, whether or not it's a joke, just laugh. Why stress yourself out from something so miniscule and stupid... Just laugh, man.  Smile  I mean this out of respect, absolutely.

Wii U SD Card Cheats Help LSTjSyDDiscord: SnB_BWH

Click HERE to earn free bitcoin, litecoin, dogecoin, and dash!

Win Free Bitcoins every hour!

7Wii U SD Card Cheats Help Empty Re: Wii U SD Card Cheats Help 4/28/2021, 12:59 pm

Mathias64

Mathias64

So has anyone else used Haxchi with GTCU cheats?

I actually tried Geckiine as well, but the game hits a Exception type DSI error before the game even loads.

I'm just curious if I am missing a step when using Haxchi with SD Mocha and TCPGecko. I've already confirmed the codes made by Minty Meeo are exactly as he presented them at: https://github.com/Minty-Meeo/Pikmin-1-Randomizer

The game is also digital and not physical, so not sure if that even makes a difference when trying to load the game with cheats active.

8Wii U SD Card Cheats Help Empty Re: Wii U SD Card Cheats Help 4/29/2021, 5:21 am

Bully@WiiPlaza

Bully@WiiPlaza

You cannot use Wii codes with JGecko U. It's only for Wii U codes and Wii U games.

9Wii U SD Card Cheats Help Empty Re: Wii U SD Card Cheats Help 4/30/2021, 6:53 am

Mathias64

Mathias64

Thanks, Bully! I really appreciate the info!

10Wii U SD Card Cheats Help Empty Re: Wii U SD Card Cheats Help 4/30/2021, 10:39 pm

Bully@WiiPlaza

Bully@WiiPlaza

You're welcome, I called it GCTU (Wii U only) to avoid the confusion. It is NOT compatible with GCT (Wii only).

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum