BullyWiiHacks
Welcome dear guest! Very Happy

To start posting and being part of the BWH community, you simply need to register an account or log into an existing one.

If you do not wish to register at all, that's fine but there will be more advertisements. :/

You can probably see and download most content provided for regular members even without an account.

Your contributions will be greatly appreciated though, give it a shot and register today! thumbsup

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

BullyWiiHacks
Welcome dear guest! Very Happy

To start posting and being part of the BWH community, you simply need to register an account or log into an existing one.

If you do not wish to register at all, that's fine but there will be more advertisements. :/

You can probably see and download most content provided for regular members even without an account.

Your contributions will be greatly appreciated though, give it a shot and register today! thumbsup
BullyWiiHacks
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
BullyWiiHacks

Gaming, Modding & Programming

Important reminders:

- Click *HERE* for advanced forum search or check out the text field below on the front page for Google before posting
- NO support via private message (use the forum)
- Write meaningful topic titles
Site Translation
Latest topics
» Dropped Out of College to Pursue Web Dev and Life Pursuits in General
[CODE REQUEST] Dance Dance Revolution on vWii Empty4/7/2024, 2:34 pm by SnB@BWH

» Bully Made It Into a BIG Video 400K Views
[CODE REQUEST] Dance Dance Revolution on vWii Empty4/7/2024, 6:58 am by Bully@WiiPlaza

» Wii Play Tanks
[CODE REQUEST] Dance Dance Revolution on vWii Empty3/24/2024, 2:46 pm by helpmeout

» [Bypass Paywalls] (Global) @magnolia1234 - GitLab
[CODE REQUEST] Dance Dance Revolution on vWii Empty3/18/2024, 3:55 am by Seth@WiiPlaza

» [Download] Mary Shelley's Frankenhole
[CODE REQUEST] Dance Dance Revolution on vWii Empty3/16/2024, 8:29 am by Seth@WiiPlaza

» Completely Custom Modded Controllers (Undetectable)
[CODE REQUEST] Dance Dance Revolution on vWii Empty3/5/2024, 1:55 pm by Shadow@BWH

» (Zombies) Drink perks code?
[CODE REQUEST] Dance Dance Revolution on vWii Empty3/5/2024, 1:24 pm by Shadow@BWH

» Die Rückkehr zu STEAM und WARFACE
[CODE REQUEST] Dance Dance Revolution on vWii Empty3/2/2024, 3:54 am by Seth@WiiPlaza

» First person hand model change?
[CODE REQUEST] Dance Dance Revolution on vWii Empty2/28/2024, 4:53 am by Ad3lamac611

» {RELEASE} Field Raider Firefox v1.72 by Seth@WiiPlaza
[CODE REQUEST] Dance Dance Revolution on vWii Empty2/21/2024, 8:52 am by naxil

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Country Statistics
Free counters!

You are not connected. Please login or register

[CODE REQUEST] Dance Dance Revolution on vWii

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

zADANLAVEY

zADANLAVEY

Hello gamers / Hackers;
Looking for info. found this place, hope you can help me.

Recently, I got two Dance Dance Revolution original mats (wired with NGC connector) and two of these NGC controller adapters.

The Dance mats and the adapter works great, but there is a problem related to the software: I can’t press two opposite directions at the same time, this make sense on the D-Pad because you cant press left and right or up and down at the same time. The game requires these inputs and without them, the gameplay is ruined… This problem has been mention over the years without any public workaround yet.

The solution is to remap the buttons with an Ocarina code:

Option 01 (desired solution):
This would be the best solution, because when two opposite directions are required in the game, we are going to be using two D-pads (one for each direction) and we also going to be able to navigate through the game menu and options with dance mat as was intended.

Change ↑ on the classic controller (70A40001) for ↑ on the WiiMote (60C60008)
Change ← on the classic controller (70A40002) for ← on the WiiMote (60C60001)

60C60008 70A40001
60C60001 70A40002

Option 02 (working solution)
This workaround sacrifice the left and up on the menues using the dance mat, but is fully working. You can still change the song (right) and dificulty (down) or use the attached wiimote to fully navigate the menu and options.

Change ↑ on the Classic Controller (70A40001) for “X” from the Classic Controller (70A40008).
Change ← on the Classic Controller (70A40002) for “Y” from the Classic Controller (70A40020).

70A40001 70A40008
70A40002 70A40020

I have been trying to make the code works, but looks like im missing something. Can some expert on the matter help? need guidence to complete this...

These are the games im testing on the Wii U right now:

PSX
Dance Dance Revolution
Dance Dance Revolution Konamix

NGC
Dance Dance Revolution: Mario Mix [Working]

Wii
Dance Dance Revolution
Dance Dance Revolution II
Dance Dance Revolution: Disney Grooves
Dance Dance Revolution: Hottest Party
Dance Dance Revolution: Hottest Party 2
Dance Dance Revolution: Hottest Party 3
Dance Dance Revolution: Hottest Party 4
Dance Dance Revolution: Hottest Party 5

Thanks for your time.

zL

SnB@BWH

SnB@BWH
Admin & Writer

Hi there, zADANLAVEY! Welcome to BWH! Smile

I was just looking at another post on the forum by Bully, regarding button activators. He wrote, "Add two button values to have a pressed-at-same-time effect."

I would suggest adding the button values together, but write it in a 04 codetype. A 28 codetype (typical button activator) requires further code to be written after that line for it to do something, according to the documentation. Writing a button activator in 04 would avoid this. However, thinking about it as I'm typing this message... the code would freeze the values (buttons would remain pressed).

So, instead of just a 04, write a button activator for a 04 with one of the buttons opposite of the intended button to be pressed. This... to my understanding... would press both buttons at the same time. Give it a try, and report back.

In this order:

BUTTON ACTIVATOR
04 BUTTON VALUE
FULL TERMINATOR

If you need more guidance or any questions, etc., feel free to ask. Smile I'm always gald to help.

[CODE REQUEST] Dance Dance Revolution on vWii LSTjSyDDiscord: SnB_BWH

Click HERE to earn free bitcoin, litecoin, dogecoin, and dash!

Win Free Bitcoins every hour!

zADANLAVEY likes this post

zADANLAVEY

zADANLAVEY

Thanks for bring some light to the subject @SnB@BWH

I'm afraid i'm a n00b coding for Ocarina... Not sure about your instructions. I'll need guidance please.

Whats the formula to translate the buttons id to "04 codetype"?
Whats the syntax for that flowchart?

Code:
BUTTON ACTIVATOR
04 BUTTON VALUE
FULL TERMINATOR

Thank you in advance!

zL

XxModZxX@WiiPlaza

XxModZxX@WiiPlaza
Mod Skid Programmer, Coder & Hacker

The button values mean nothing. The beginning 4 of the address designates the remote type and the last 4 is the button value which is the same for all games.

For one you will need to find a button activator if there is one then that would be helpful. The second thing would be is finding the address that controls the actual button action and just replace it with what ever button you want.

In reality you wouldn’t really need a button activator if you don’t care about the menus and everything else. But would be useful if you wanted to active it and deactivate it.

I’m also describing this like I’m not the only one with a USB Gecko that is active that could do this but hey Razz

zADANLAVEY

zADANLAVEY

XxModZxX@WiiPlaza wrote:The button values mean nothing. The beginning 4 of the address designates the remote type and the last 4 is the button value which is the same for all games.

For one you will need to find a button activator if there is one then that would be helpful. The second thing would be is finding the address that controls the actual button action and just replace it with what ever button you want.

In reality you wouldn’t really need a button activator if you don’t care about the menus and everything else. But would be useful if you wanted to active it and deactivate it.

I’m also describing this like I’m not the only one with a USB Gecko that is active that could do this but hey Razz

I see, makes sense... The first four digits are the control type as you mention:

60C6 for the WiiMote
70A4 for the Classic Controller

This makes the code more clear.

Does the button activator is an specific code for each game then? How to find the one for DDR?

I found this "Classic Controller Button Mapping Code Editor"  on GitHub and its working but only on the mentioned games: New Super Mario Bros. Wii, Donkey Kong Country Returns & Kirby's Return to Dream Land. Is doesnt have any effect on DDR. These games doesnt support the Classic Controller Natively, so I imagine there is an extra code line to activate this, not needed for my purpose.

How can the "USB Gecko" help on this?

zL

XxModZxX@WiiPlaza

XxModZxX@WiiPlaza
Mod Skid Programmer, Coder & Hacker

zADANLAVEY wrote:
I see, makes sense... The first four digits are the control type as you mention:

60C6 for the WiiMote
70A4 for the Classic Controller

This makes the code more clear.

Does the button activator is an specific code for each game then? How to find the one for DDR?

I found this "Classic Controller Button Mapping Code Editor"  on GitHub and its working but only on the mentioned games: New Super Mario Bros. Wii, Donkey Kong Country Returns & Kirby's Return to Dream Land. Is doesnt have any effect on DDR. These games doesnt support the Classic Controller Natively, so I imagine there is an extra code line to activate this, not needed for my purpose.

How can the "USB Gecko" help on this?

zL

Let me hook up my Wii and everything and find a copy of the game somewhere. Which version of the game do you want it to be on so I know? I think I still have my CCP laying around somewhere.

A button activator is native to every game. It does basically what the name says it tells the game whatever button you are pressing so it knows what action to do. Onto your next question below that you need a USB Gecko to see/edit the memory of the game and to make the code. You can do the same in Dolphin

If I’m not wrong the code will involve ASM at least that is what those codes are using but they are actually enabling the ability to use the CCP which in this case we don’t need to do that. I will look into it more and see what I can find.

zADANLAVEY

zADANLAVEY

That's awesome ModZ;

I think I get the "button Activator" part now...

About the games, this is the list:

1. Dance Dance Revolution [SDYEA4]
  2. Dance Dance Revolution II [SUREA4]
  3. Dance Dance Revolution: Hottest Party [RDDEA4]
  4. Dance Dance Revolution: Hottest Party 2 [RD4EA4]
  5. Dance Dance Revolution: Hottest Party 3 [RJREA4]
  6. Dance Dance Revolution: Disney Grooves [RDNEA4]

I would love to be able to play them all, but If you have to choose one, the #2 on the list is the best. All NTSC-U.

Hope you find you CCP!

Thanks for your time.

zL

Bully@WiiPlaza

Bully@WiiPlaza

Hello Sir Smile

I'm afraid this won't be very easy but let me explain how to do option 1.

Each controller is handled by different ASM code in each game, therefore, the address for checking the button values is also different per controller. The button values on each controller type are also different. As you noticed, you can use the button values per controller to check which button(s) are pressed.

How to force button presses?
This is not simply achieved by writing into the button activator address since it requires ASM. For example using a USB Gecko and the Gecko.NET software, we can set a breakpoint read on the correct button activator address of the controller we want to simulate a button press on. The breakpoint read will give us the ASM code which reads the button value. What needs to be done is writing a C2 insert ASM code which will check which button is pressed on the other controller, e.g. we would check for D-PAD left, and then we want to set the button value we want to simulate for the former controller inside the ASM code.

A draft ASM source code to get started would look like this:

Code:
.SET otherButtonControllerAddress,0x12345678
.SET otherButtonControllerButtonValue, 0x100
.SET thisControllerForcedButtonValue,0x200

lis r12, otherButtonControllerAddress@h
ori r12, r12, otherButtonControllerAddress@l
lwz r12, 0 (r12)
andi. r11, r12, otherButtonControllerButtonValue
cmpwi r11, otherButtonControllerButtonValue
bne- NOT_PRESSED
li r4, thisControllerForcedButtonValue
NOT_PRESSED:

You can for example use the JGecko U Assembler Utility to assemble this into machine code:

[CODE REQUEST] Dance Dance Revolution on vWii Jgecko10

Example code(s) for simulating button presses
God's Controller for New Super Mario Bros. Wii: https://gamehacking.org/game/56268
This code copies the button presses for P1 to P2. However, it only supports the same controller, e.g. Wii Remote P1 -> Wii Remote P2.

Example code for a universal button activator:
Using the F6 search code type, we can make a code which can find the correct ASM of the controller for any game, here it is: 
https://gbatemp.net/threads/im-having-issues-running-codes-on-wii-play-motion.301663

Good luck Basketball

zADANLAVEY

zADANLAVEY

Hello Legend (Bully himself)!

If I understood right, the "universal button activator" would help to find the specific controller ASM for DDR games (or any). But we are forced to use the USB Gecko to identify the codes in the game. How can I use / test the "Regionfree Button Activator"?

Code:
Mastercode

Regionfree Button Activator [Bully@Wiiplaza]
F6000001 80008100
A0E40000 A0050000
D2000004 00000002
A0050000 3D608000
B00B1500 00000000
E0000000 80008000

Can we do reverse ingenieering with the "JGecko U Assembler Utility"? Like input the machine code on the right and see the ASM code on the left? to identify the code flowchart and action...

How do you recomend to get the specific controller ASM? to later get the machine code.

Thanks in advance!

zL

Bully@WiiPlaza

Bully@WiiPlaza

Hi, thank you Very Happy

How to test the Regionfree Button Activator?
First, you enable the mastercode code. Next, you use the following button activator line to "activate" any code you want: 
Code:
28001500 YYYYZZZZ
You just need to fill out the YYYY and ZZZZ placeholders with the correct button value you want (see for example this video for a tutorial on how to do this).

Also as far as I remember, this mastercode is for the Wii Remote button activator only but a similar one may exist or could be created for the Classic Controller Pro etc.

How to get the specific controller ASM?
You would firstly get the button activator memory address of the controller (e.g. the button activator). Since there are multiple, the "master" one has to be found. Then using a USB Gecko, you would set a breakpoint read. When the breakpoint is hit, you get the address of the ASM code which reads the button values. This will be the address for the ASM code hooking similar to the "Regionfree Button Activator" with the difference that the injected ASM code will be e.g. like the one in my previous post. You will see if it works to force button presses etc. for that controller, otherwise it wasn't really the master.

Can you "reverse engineer" ASM codes with the Assembler Utility?
Yes, you set the direction to "Disassemble" and put the ASM machine code on the right. Note: Pasting the entire code will be wrong, you need to take just the ASM lines. You can identify which lines they are by reading/checking the Wii gecko codes documentation.

---

I'm sorry if you feel confused and it's getting to hard to follow what I mean. I understand that very few people have this type of knowledge and sadly I don't work on Wii codes anymore, it's been so many years. What a Face

zADANLAVEY likes this post

zADANLAVEY

zADANLAVEY

Hello Bully;

Sorry for the delay (went to a little vacations with the familly), but I'm ready to keep going.

My first attempt will be to modify the directional buttons on the WiiRemote in a specific DDR game, just to confirm that the button activator is working. Later will be to find the mastercode for the Classic Controller... (first want to get familiar with the code syntax and make something that works).

The link you provided is for the "Button Activated Code Helper program" which is not available on the links in the video description...

Is there a way to get the "YYYYZZZZ" values manually? like a formula?
or
Do you still have the program for the button activator?

Thank again Bully.

zL

Bully@WiiPlaza

Bully@WiiPlaza

zADANLAVEY wrote:Hello Bully;

Sorry for the delay (went to a little vacations with the familly), but I'm ready to keep going.

My first attempt will be to modify the directional buttons on the WiiRemote in a specific DDR game, just to confirm that the button activator is working. Later will be to find the mastercode for the Classic Controller... (first want to get familiar with the code syntax and make something that works).

The link you provided is for the "Button Activated Code Helper program" which is not available on the links in the video description...

Is there a way to get the "YYYYZZZZ" values manually? like a formula?
or
Do you still have the program for the button activator?

Thank again Bully.

zL
Hello, please consider using the following website to calculate the button activator:
http://web.archive.org/web/20180323182601/http://geckocodes.org/index.php?arsenal=2

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum