BullyWiiHacks
Welcome dear guest! Very Happy

To start posting and being part of the BWH community, you simply need to register an account or log into an existing one.

If you do not wish to register at all, that's fine but there will be more advertisements. :/

You can probably see and download most content provided for regular members even without an account.

Your contributions will be greatly appreciated though, give it a shot and register today! thumbsup

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

BullyWiiHacks
Welcome dear guest! Very Happy

To start posting and being part of the BWH community, you simply need to register an account or log into an existing one.

If you do not wish to register at all, that's fine but there will be more advertisements. :/

You can probably see and download most content provided for regular members even without an account.

Your contributions will be greatly appreciated though, give it a shot and register today! thumbsup
BullyWiiHacks
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
BullyWiiHacks

Gaming, Modding & Programming

Important reminders:

- Click *HERE* for advanced forum search or check out the text field below on the front page for Google before posting
- NO support via private message (use the forum)
- Write meaningful topic titles
Site Translation
Latest topics
» Dropped Out of College to Pursue Web Dev and Life Pursuits in General
blr & bne Empty4/7/2024, 2:34 pm by SnB@BWH

» Bully Made It Into a BIG Video 400K Views
blr & bne Empty4/7/2024, 6:58 am by Bully@WiiPlaza

» Wii Play Tanks
blr & bne Empty3/24/2024, 2:46 pm by helpmeout

» [Bypass Paywalls] (Global) @magnolia1234 - GitLab
blr & bne Empty3/18/2024, 3:55 am by Seth@WiiPlaza

» [Download] Mary Shelley's Frankenhole
blr & bne Empty3/16/2024, 8:29 am by Seth@WiiPlaza

» Completely Custom Modded Controllers (Undetectable)
blr & bne Empty3/5/2024, 1:55 pm by Shadow@BWH

» (Zombies) Drink perks code?
blr & bne Empty3/5/2024, 1:24 pm by Shadow@BWH

» Die Rückkehr zu STEAM und WARFACE
blr & bne Empty3/2/2024, 3:54 am by Seth@WiiPlaza

» First person hand model change?
blr & bne Empty2/28/2024, 4:53 am by Ad3lamac611

» {RELEASE} Field Raider Firefox v1.72 by Seth@WiiPlaza
blr & bne Empty2/21/2024, 8:52 am by naxil

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Country Statistics
Free counters!

You are not connected. Please login or register

blr & bne

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1blr & bne Empty blr & bne 10/31/2012, 7:35 pm

Welohabi

Welohabi
Moderator & Coder
Moderator & Coder

Can anyone explain the b, blr, bne+ and bne ASM instructions? I'm having a problem clearly understanding them.

The energy you give, you shall receive.

2blr & bne Empty Re: blr & bne 10/31/2012, 11:31 pm

Bully@WiiPlaza

Bully@WiiPlaza

b means "Branch always". It is used to jump to some offset and continue executing from there using a branch label to mark the position (or you calculate the offset).

blr means "Branch to link register". It returns to the previous caller (it´s the address from the link register).

bne+ means "Branch if not equal". As soon as the previous condition is "not equal", branch will be taken and execution continues where the branch label set (as you can imagine there are more different branches to use)

bne- basically does the same thing. The + and - may mean that the one is signed and the other unsigned. Random guess. I never cared about that difference, it must be little and I always used bne- on my codes. I´ve seen people using bne+ which was interchangeable when I checked.

---

Good list:
b ("Branch always")
beq- ("Branch if equal")
bne- ("Branch if not equal")
bgt- ("Branch if greater than")
blt- ("Branch if less than")
bge- ("Branch if greater or equal")
ble- ("Branch if less or equal")
blr ("Branch to link register")
nop ("Branch never")

There´s more, but I don´t think you´ll need many more.

3blr & bne Empty Re: blr & bne 11/1/2012, 4:58 am

Xylon

Xylon
Code Creator

Mhh this is interesting, I have heard the word ASM; but I would like to know more about it, have you made any tutorials?

Sincerely

4blr & bne Empty Re: blr & bne 11/1/2012, 9:31 am

Welohabi

Welohabi
Moderator & Coder
Moderator & Coder

Thank You Bully. You saved the day again. beer

@Xylon - ASM is a programming language used in the game. By editing the way certain functions work or inserting your own, you can do far more than simply changing a value for health or something of that nature. In my experience it actually seems to be the best way to make good codes that are glitch free.

5blr & bne Empty Re: blr & bne 11/1/2012, 10:12 am

Xylon

Xylon
Code Creator

I know what it is, but I would like to learn it to understand it a littlebit more. Smile

Sincerely

6blr & bne Empty Re: blr & bne 11/1/2012, 10:17 am

Welohabi

Welohabi
Moderator & Coder
Moderator & Coder

Do you understand what a "breakpoint" is and how to use them? Maybe I will make a tutorial for making a simple ASM code.

7blr & bne Empty Re: blr & bne 11/1/2012, 10:27 am

Xylon

Xylon
Code Creator

This would be GREAT. I have heard about Breakpoint but I do not know it in detail...In case of that I would like to learn this...

Sincerely

8blr & bne Empty Re: blr & bne 11/1/2012, 10:32 am

Bully@WiiPlaza

Bully@WiiPlaza

Welohabi wrote:In my experience it actually seems to be the best way to make good codes that are glitch free.
You got it cheers
Using ASM mostly makes up perfect and glitch-free codes. Well, if you fully know what you´re doing obviously. Many cool things can NOT be done without breakpoints... Basketball

---

Addition:
the + and - from branches are "branch predictions". Minus means it´s less likely to branch and plus that it´s more likely. The compiler is mostly good enough for figure itself. There´s therefore no need to care about it... (source: megazig from WiiRd) Wink

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum