BullyWiiHacks
Welcome dear guest! Very Happy

To start posting and being part of the BWH community, you simply need to register an account or log into an existing one.

If you do not wish to register at all, that's fine but there will be more advertisements. :/

You can probably see and download most content provided for regular members even without an account.

Your contributions will be greatly appreciated though, give it a shot and register today! thumbsup

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

BullyWiiHacks
Welcome dear guest! Very Happy

To start posting and being part of the BWH community, you simply need to register an account or log into an existing one.

If you do not wish to register at all, that's fine but there will be more advertisements. :/

You can probably see and download most content provided for regular members even without an account.

Your contributions will be greatly appreciated though, give it a shot and register today! thumbsup
BullyWiiHacks
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
BullyWiiHacks

Gaming, Modding & Programming

Important reminders:

- Click *HERE* for advanced forum search or check out the text field below on the front page for Google before posting
- NO support via private message (use the forum)
- Write meaningful topic titles
Site Translation
Latest topics
» Dropped Out of College to Pursue Web Dev and Life Pursuits in General
[REQUEST] Access to Loc Lac even with servers down Empty4/7/2024, 2:34 pm by SnB@BWH

» Bully Made It Into a BIG Video 400K Views
[REQUEST] Access to Loc Lac even with servers down Empty4/7/2024, 6:58 am by Bully@WiiPlaza

» Wii Play Tanks
[REQUEST] Access to Loc Lac even with servers down Empty3/24/2024, 2:46 pm by helpmeout

» [Bypass Paywalls] (Global) @magnolia1234 - GitLab
[REQUEST] Access to Loc Lac even with servers down Empty3/18/2024, 3:55 am by Seth@WiiPlaza

» [Download] Mary Shelley's Frankenhole
[REQUEST] Access to Loc Lac even with servers down Empty3/16/2024, 8:29 am by Seth@WiiPlaza

» Completely Custom Modded Controllers (Undetectable)
[REQUEST] Access to Loc Lac even with servers down Empty3/5/2024, 1:55 pm by Shadow@BWH

» (Zombies) Drink perks code?
[REQUEST] Access to Loc Lac even with servers down Empty3/5/2024, 1:24 pm by Shadow@BWH

» Die Rückkehr zu STEAM und WARFACE
[REQUEST] Access to Loc Lac even with servers down Empty3/2/2024, 3:54 am by Seth@WiiPlaza

» First person hand model change?
[REQUEST] Access to Loc Lac even with servers down Empty2/28/2024, 4:53 am by Ad3lamac611

» {RELEASE} Field Raider Firefox v1.72 by Seth@WiiPlaza
[REQUEST] Access to Loc Lac even with servers down Empty2/21/2024, 8:52 am by naxil

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Country Statistics
Free counters!

You are not connected. Please login or register

[REQUEST] Access to Loc Lac even with servers down

+3
Welohabi
Hack4Fun
Igreh
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Igreh

Igreh

Making a thread outside the general discussion site, because I think this deserves a separate thread.

OK, so now that the servers are down for Monster Hunter Tri, everything from Loc Lac is now unaccessible.
On a Monster Hunter releated IRC channel someone suggested that the people who actively made cheats for Tri could also try to make a last cheat: enable access to online content without servers.

I thought of Stuff and Bully first, and I'm glad that Bully is still actively making cheats.
And that there are other people who work with him makes it even better.

So, Bully and the others, can this be achieved by cheats?
The other solution would be to edit the offline quest file, but then the offline content would be tampered.
I hope it can be done tho, just for the sake of Monster Hunter Tri Very Happy

Hack4Fun

Hack4Fun

Neutral Hey what happened to logic? If the servers are down (turned off), there is no possibility to access it, certainly not with a cheat code. Plus, they will be used for the new Monster Hunter so the Monster Hunter Tri servers are totally dead.
How can someone believe that it is possible to make a cheat code which "switches on" the servers, or even play without servers?? Do you know what a server is for? The online city for monster hunter was saved on the servers so that all players can access it. If the server is down, the city is down, too. And there is no way to access a city which does not exist.

Sometimes Ithink to myself: Do the people have some brain cells?

Igreh

Igreh

Hack4Fun wrote:Neutral Hey what happened to logic?
Oh, the irony.

Hack4Fun wrote:If the servers are down (turned off), there is no possibility to access it, certainly not with a cheat code. Plus, they will be used for the new Monster Hunter so the Monster Hunter Tri servers are totally dead.
How can someone believe that it is possible to make a cheat code which "switches on" the servers, or even play without servers?? Do you know what a server is for? The online city for monster hunter was saved on the servers so that all players can access it. If the server is down, the city is down, too. And there is no way to access a city which does not exist.
Do you know how long it would had taken for the game to download every online releated content if that was true what you just said? Everything is stored locally on the disc/in the ISO. The servers played the role of a proxy, that connected people. Nothing more. If Bully/others can find what booleans/variables change during the connection to a server, and he/they wrote an assembly monkey patch that would set these to values that lets you into Loc Lac, then there would be no problem accessing online content.

Hack4Fun wrote:Sometimes Ithink to myself: Do the people have some brain cells?
Gee, I wonder

Welohabi

Welohabi
Moderator & Coder
Moderator & Coder

So you basically are asking for a single player "online mode".

I could think of one million things which would go wrong. (If it is even possible.)

The energy you give, you shall receive.

Hack4Fun

Hack4Fun

Igreh wrote:
Hack4Fun wrote:Neutral Hey what happened to logic?
Oh, the irony.

Hack4Fun wrote:If the servers are down (turned off), there is no possibility to access it, certainly not with a cheat code. Plus, they will be used for the new Monster Hunter so the Monster Hunter Tri servers are totally dead.
Do you know how long it would had taken for the game to download every online releated content if that was true what you just said? Everything is stored locally on the disc/in the ISO. The servers played the role of a proxy, that connected people. Nothing more. If Bully/others can find what booleans/variables change during the connection to a server, and he/they wrote an assembly monkey patch that would set these to values that lets you into Loc Lac, then there would be no problem accessing online content.

Hack4Fun wrote:Sometimes Ithink to myself: Do the people have some brain cells?
Gee, I wonder

Loool. No, only the function is stored at the disc, but not the only city and so on. Do you know how many terrabytes are needed for such big servers? Rolling Eyes It is not possible, accept it. But if it would be possible you only could play for a few weeks, till Capcom use the space for the new MH.

Igreh

Igreh

Hack4Fun wrote:Loool. No, only the function is stored at the disc, but not the only city and so on. Do you know how many terrabytes are needed for such big servers? Rolling Eyes It is not possible, accept it. But if it would be possible you only could play for a few weeks, till Capcom use the space for the new MH.
[REQUEST] Access to Loc Lac even with servers down 7eI44gY
So tell me then, why are the map files of The Sacred Land, Loc Lac, and the texture files of every monster are in the ISO? Why is the online quest list in the ISO? Why is there a cheat that could initiate the Jhen+ quest, even thought it hadn't even been the time for it? Jesus christ, get your facts right before spreading false information.

Igreh

Igreh

Also, I'm willing to pour some cash into this thing, if anyone takes on it. Maybe $50.
Absolutely not via PayPal, tho. Their support system is fucked beyond belief and reporting cases hardly leads to a solution (in my experience)

Seth@WiiPlaza

Seth@WiiPlaza
Admin & Coder
Admin & Coder

when did servers go down

[REQUEST] Access to Loc Lac even with servers down Rsz_1r10  

https://github.com/SethWiiPlaza

Igreh

Igreh

Seth@WiiPlaza wrote:when did servers go down
30th of April. I wanted to reach the name achievements that you can earn by killing enough monsters for Jho, Ala and Jhen, but I got distracted by the finals.

Hack4Fun

Hack4Fun

Igreh wrote:Also, I'm willing to pour some cash into this thing, if anyone takes on it. Maybe $50.
Absolutely not via PayPal, tho. Their support system is fucked beyond belief and reporting cases hardly leads to a solution (in my experience)
Lol you don't understand it, do you? When do you finally understand that you can't do anything? If it's so easy then show me. Those "files" are useless without the servers. Simple links to the servers. Get it in your brain, damned! There is no way, because you can't access these servers.
One thing you could do is a SINGLE player online mode. But there is no one else and like Welohabi said: There would be many errors. And you need more than one coder for such a thing.

PepsiCan

PepsiCan

Hack4Fun wrote:
Igreh wrote:Also, I'm willing to pour some cash into this thing, if anyone takes on it. Maybe $50.
Lol you don't understand it, do you? When do you finally understand that you can't do anything? If it's so easy then show me. Those "files" are useless without the servers. Simple links to the servers. Get it in your brain, damned! There is no way, because you can't access these servers.
One thing you could do is a SINGLE player online mode. But there is no one else and like Welohabi said: There would be many errors. And you need more than one coder for such a thing.

I had register for the cause of getting online stuff offline... and tell you something.

10 seconds on Youtube, Google, Bing well tell you that you are wrong....very very wrong.
Everything for MH Tri is on the Disc.  Minus Online Coding of server. (few things like time stamps)
There are codes to un-ban, change offline quest into Online ones. (plenty of videos for that)

------------------------------------
How ever!
With Online server down, Any character not registered Online will have no Online Rank, and can't unlock the High Rank armor making, upgrades or even make Low Rank Jhen armor, even if you have parts.

Now custom quests (which work) let you fight thing like Alatron offline.(you can even force quest to be no rank.  
But..
The items you get can't be used do to lock out. (since character has no Rank)

====
So first Hurdle for offline quests (with Online goodies)
#1 Make a code that lets offline player Rank up. (using Modify Hunter Rank Code has no effect on player who has never gone Online)
Or Code that triggers that you have been online, so Hunter Rank code will work.

#2 A Code the unlocks High (Low Rank Jhen) Gear for use offline.  (the code thats there to allow it, does not work if character has no Online Profile)

You can make quests that pay out Hunter Points, but since character has no online profile... they can't even rank up to Hr1.  

I wish I had made a Back up of my old Mh Tri character... I never thought I'd get a Wii again, now its to late, lol.
Stuck with offline gear to mess with High Rank stuff, and no way to make any of gear. >_<

#3, There is semi code/data for Quest Editing with out extra Programs. (just Accsii and Gecko thou)
Thou it seems no one has figure out all details.

"Quests section 901DB4a0

Area List
01 - Moga Forest
02 - Desert
03 - Swamp
04 - Snow Mountain
05 - Volcano
06 - Great Desert (Shen-Moran Area, doesn't work! Why?)
07 - Ocean Arena (Naval Deus Area)
08 - shows land arena, but the real one is 09 so...?
09 - Land Arena
0A - Water Arena
0B - Shrine (albatorion area)
0C - shows water arena, but the real one is 0A so"
Small example of list.  
There list for codes for areas, But have yet to find Code to use these with.
The Code for Set Boss/s works. (but requires key code or 3fails to end quest, since it replaces main Boss)

So good luck to anyone doing this. I wish you luck.

PS: Sorry for my English and Grammar, not my 1st language.

TheDetonator

TheDetonator
Trusted Member
Trusted Member

I didnt even know the servers shut down until today lmfao

Bully@WiiPlaza

Bully@WiiPlaza

I may have an idea about enabling Hunter Rank since I messed with it in detail.

Igreh

Igreh

Woah, this thing is still alive?
Well, my offer still stands.
If anybody can make Loc Lac accessible offline, I will gladly pay for the code.

PepsiCan

PepsiCan

Bully@WiiPlaza wrote:I may have an idea about enabling Hunter Rank since I messed with it in detail.

Not wanting sound like ...obvious info. (cause few others have tried and always seem to miss it.)

Code needs to be for new offline character that has no HR.
As codes that exist do work for anyone who did get online.

Now, this other idea.. comes from back in Ps1 days of Game sharking. (when I was actually into doing codes myself (man I feel old..)
But adding the Online Npc's to location in Moga Woods. (likely be rather large code, do to start and end point of quest returning you to Loc Lac and not Offline.)

But tricking system into thinking a new character has gone Online and ranked up would really be most awesome start point.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum