BullyWiiHacks
Welcome dear guest! Very Happy

To start posting and being part of the BWH community, you simply need to register an account or log into an existing one.

If you do not wish to register at all, that's fine but there will be more advertisements. :/

You can probably see and download most content provided for regular members even without an account.

Your contributions will be greatly appreciated though, give it a shot and register today! thumbsup

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

BullyWiiHacks
Welcome dear guest! Very Happy

To start posting and being part of the BWH community, you simply need to register an account or log into an existing one.

If you do not wish to register at all, that's fine but there will be more advertisements. :/

You can probably see and download most content provided for regular members even without an account.

Your contributions will be greatly appreciated though, give it a shot and register today! thumbsup
BullyWiiHacks
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
BullyWiiHacks

Gaming, Modding & Programming

Important reminders:

- Click *HERE* for advanced forum search or check out the text field below on the front page for Google before posting
- NO support via private message (use the forum)
- Write meaningful topic titles
Site Translation
Latest topics
» Dropped Out of College to Pursue Web Dev and Life Pursuits in General
Installing Linux Need Help Empty4/7/2024, 2:34 pm by SnB@BWH

» Bully Made It Into a BIG Video 400K Views
Installing Linux Need Help Empty4/7/2024, 6:58 am by Bully@WiiPlaza

» Wii Play Tanks
Installing Linux Need Help Empty3/24/2024, 2:46 pm by helpmeout

» [Bypass Paywalls] (Global) @magnolia1234 - GitLab
Installing Linux Need Help Empty3/18/2024, 3:55 am by Seth@WiiPlaza

» [Download] Mary Shelley's Frankenhole
Installing Linux Need Help Empty3/16/2024, 8:29 am by Seth@WiiPlaza

» Completely Custom Modded Controllers (Undetectable)
Installing Linux Need Help Empty3/5/2024, 1:55 pm by Shadow@BWH

» (Zombies) Drink perks code?
Installing Linux Need Help Empty3/5/2024, 1:24 pm by Shadow@BWH

» Die Rückkehr zu STEAM und WARFACE
Installing Linux Need Help Empty3/2/2024, 3:54 am by Seth@WiiPlaza

» First person hand model change?
Installing Linux Need Help Empty2/28/2024, 4:53 am by Ad3lamac611

» {RELEASE} Field Raider Firefox v1.72 by Seth@WiiPlaza
Installing Linux Need Help Empty2/21/2024, 8:52 am by naxil

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Country Statistics
Free counters!

You are not connected. Please login or register

Installing Linux Need Help

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Installing Linux Need Help Empty Installing Linux Need Help 11/20/2013, 2:30 pm

deathx

I was trying to dual boot windows8 and Linux but it would not work.

I went in the BIOS and changed some settings and put the dvd first for boot and I had burned the iso file to the dvd.I used a program to install Ubuntu witch was on the dvd but it would take me to GRUB (witch I don't even really know what it is) and it when I went on "install Ubuntu" the screen would go black and would spin the dvd with the iso file on it but would do nothing after.

If anyone can help me than please do so.

2Installing Linux Need Help Empty Re: Installing Linux Need Help 11/20/2013, 9:50 pm

Bully@WiiPlaza

Bully@WiiPlaza

Uhm, I had no problems running vista and ubuntu dual boot.
Just burn, run ubuntu, select dual boot and whatnot. Be patient etc. and it should be fine.

3Installing Linux Need Help Empty Re: Installing Linux Need Help 11/25/2013, 9:38 am

M.Bison

M.Bison
Code Creator

Once you've burned the CD and changed the boot order in the BIOS, restart your computer.
The live-CD with linux will run and you just have to follow the steps.

Here's a tip: when the choice is given to you, choose 'manual partitioning' or something like that and install GRUB on a separate partition (/boot), not on your Windows' partition. That way, you won't mess with Window's MBR, so you can restore Windows if you have problems with it one day.

Once the install's done, you'll be asked to remove the CD and restart your PC. It will boot directly on Windows, since the MBR is still the same. Then you just have to add a new entry in it with EasyBCD.

There are lots of dual boot tuto, I'll try to find the one that worked for me and give you the link.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum