BullyWiiHacks
Welcome dear guest! Very Happy

To start posting and being part of the BWH community, you simply need to register an account or log into an existing one.

If you do not wish to register at all, that's fine but there will be more advertisements. :/

You can probably see and download most content provided for regular members even without an account.

Your contributions will be greatly appreciated though, give it a shot and register today! thumbsup

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

BullyWiiHacks
Welcome dear guest! Very Happy

To start posting and being part of the BWH community, you simply need to register an account or log into an existing one.

If you do not wish to register at all, that's fine but there will be more advertisements. :/

You can probably see and download most content provided for regular members even without an account.

Your contributions will be greatly appreciated though, give it a shot and register today! thumbsup
BullyWiiHacks
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
BullyWiiHacks

Gaming, Modding & Programming

Important reminders:

- Click *HERE* for advanced forum search or check out the text field below on the front page for Google before posting
- NO support via private message (use the forum)
- Write meaningful topic titles
Site Translation
Latest topics
» Dropped Out of College to Pursue Web Dev and Life Pursuits in General
NES Game Hacking Resources Empty4/7/2024, 2:34 pm by SnB@BWH

» Bully Made It Into a BIG Video 400K Views
NES Game Hacking Resources Empty4/7/2024, 6:58 am by Bully@WiiPlaza

» Wii Play Tanks
NES Game Hacking Resources Empty3/24/2024, 2:46 pm by helpmeout

» [Bypass Paywalls] (Global) @magnolia1234 - GitLab
NES Game Hacking Resources Empty3/18/2024, 3:55 am by Seth@WiiPlaza

» [Download] Mary Shelley's Frankenhole
NES Game Hacking Resources Empty3/16/2024, 8:29 am by Seth@WiiPlaza

» Completely Custom Modded Controllers (Undetectable)
NES Game Hacking Resources Empty3/5/2024, 1:55 pm by Shadow@BWH

» (Zombies) Drink perks code?
NES Game Hacking Resources Empty3/5/2024, 1:24 pm by Shadow@BWH

» Die Rückkehr zu STEAM und WARFACE
NES Game Hacking Resources Empty3/2/2024, 3:54 am by Seth@WiiPlaza

» First person hand model change?
NES Game Hacking Resources Empty2/28/2024, 4:53 am by Ad3lamac611

» {RELEASE} Field Raider Firefox v1.72 by Seth@WiiPlaza
NES Game Hacking Resources Empty2/21/2024, 8:52 am by naxil

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Country Statistics
Free counters!

You are not connected. Please login or register

NES Game Hacking Resources

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1NES Game Hacking Resources Empty NES Game Hacking Resources 4/25/2016, 6:39 am

SnB@BWH

SnB@BWH
Admin & Writer

The NES or Nintendo Entertainment System is a console made in the 1980's, obviously by Nintendo. It is an 8 bit video game system that runs on a Ricoh 2A03 6502 processor. The language the games are programmed in is 6502 assembly and the numeric system is Hexadecimal. The codes it uses are called Game Genie codes. A lot of games that you may know of today made their debut on this console, such as Super Mario Bros, Kirby, Metroid, etc.

This is an excellent console to hack if you are looking to get into video game hacking and making codes. Why? Every computer nowadays will be able to run every tool created for NES emulation and hacking, unlike Wii hacking (that day is soon yet to come.) It is very easy to learn how to make codes for these games and even the assembly language is one of the easiest to maybe not use, but easy to understand the flow and how it works. Either this or the Atari or both is most likely what your parents grew up playing.

The nostalgic feeling you get is totally worth the time and effort you put into hacking it. One of the reasons why codes are made for these games is because the games are just too damn impossible to play without dying every 5 fucking seconds.

If you want to get into this kind of hacking, I have listed below lots of resources to use to get you started. There are still plenty of codes that haven't been made for NES games. Hell, I'm still making codes for it.

Best Emulator (for NES) With Debugging Capabilities
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

6502 Assembly (ASM) Information / Tutorials

Official 6502 Assembly Website - With Resources

Hexadecimal Numeric System Tutorials & Info

NES Graphic Editing Utilities

How-To NES Game Hacking Docs

Game Genie Codes Library
--To check if codes you made have already been made + look for games to hack

27C3 - Reverse Engineering The 6502
--Video of CCC conference, gives in-depth information on the processor

NES Game ROMs - 1,200+ Games!
You will have to private message me, sorry.  :/

List to be updated in the future! If any links are down, please post below and let me know.

Last edited by SnB@BWH on 9/26/2019, 10:39 am; edited 2 times in total

NES Game Hacking Resources LSTjSyDDiscord: SnB_BWH

Click HERE to earn free bitcoin, litecoin, dogecoin, and dash!

Win Free Bitcoins every hour!

2NES Game Hacking Resources Empty Re: NES Game Hacking Resources 4/25/2016, 2:25 pm

XxModZxX@WiiPlaza

XxModZxX@WiiPlaza
Mod Skid Programmer, Coder & Hacker

The old in days xD. We would sit there for hours trying to code this shit. It was fucking fun when I get my computer I'm going back at it you down?

3NES Game Hacking Resources Empty Re: NES Game Hacking Resources 4/26/2016, 1:04 am

SnB@BWH

SnB@BWH
Admin & Writer

Hell yeah, man! I remember, I originally forgot, but now I remember. The best thing about those days is that we can kinda bring them back in a way. xD When do you get your computer back?

4NES Game Hacking Resources Empty Re: NES Game Hacking Resources 4/26/2016, 1:14 am

XxModZxX@WiiPlaza

XxModZxX@WiiPlaza

I get it back when I can talk to my dad my mom was going to talk to him tonight if i get it im going to hook it up.

5NES Game Hacking Resources Empty Re: NES Game Hacking Resources 4/26/2016, 10:27 am

XxModZxX@WiiPlaza

XxModZxX@WiiPlaza

Just to add to this .NES files are ran by this program. If you decide to code some thing that hasnt been coded yet (Google the values) post them. And if you need help me and shitnbitch will be glad to help Wink

Last edited by XxModZxX@BWH on 4/26/2016, 1:46 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : My Brain dead Mistakes)

6NES Game Hacking Resources Empty Re: NES Game Hacking Resources 4/26/2016, 12:36 pm

SnB@BWH

SnB@BWH
Admin & Writer

Actually, FCEUX is only meant for *.NES files not *.ROM files. I think that's what you meant. I don't think there's any such thing as a *.ROM file. ROM is Read Only Memory, just like RAM is Random Access Memory. However, the name "ROM" for a game file type is kind of ironic since you actually do write to it... or maybe I'm missing something?

Also, I have found that just Googling for Game Genie codes doesn't really provide much help as to if the code has already been made. This is because some coders will write a code differently but it might have the same effect, similar to a Gecko coding and a code address like 8043678C and 80436788. If you Google that entire address, it won't come up as somebody else's code and you'll think you'll have credit when you really don't because the code does the same thing. A person on this site (no longer active) has claimed many times that even though his code has a different name and does the same thing or even slightly different, such as a different colour or speed that he gets all the credit even when his address is off by as much as 4 bytes. Now, there are two types of codes for NES. These are known as PAR and Game Genie (simply GG). PAR codes look like 012C:8D?AD, where 012C is the address, 8D is the value and AD is the compare value and a Game Genie code will look like SXSGNVSE. It will have either 6 or 8 characters. I won't get into breaking down a Game Genie code in this post because there is a rather difficult algorithm to it. 6 characters = address, value and NO compare value. 8 characters = same thing but WITH a compare value. On Gecko codes, when you search a 04 code for a code made already made in F2, it will tell you that you have credits. This is the same thing for NES Game Genie codes; when searching for a Game Genie code, the address will be above 8000. When using PAR, below 8000. For F2 and ASM codes, you must (correct me if I'm wrong) put a Write Breakpoint on the address and it will take you to the ASM of that address which you will use to make the ASM code. It's the same for the NES, except in Gecko coding, it will take you back through the RAM to the first half or whatever (usually below 80600000 and above 80200000 and in the NES, it will take you above 8000 (second half of RAM). So, I'd prefer when people who code games like CoD, that they would do s Bully does and code when possible in F2. Because all you need is the first line and no matter who coded it (again correct me if I'm wrong) the first line will always be the same compared to 04 codes where the address and value may change. To reverse a NES GG code, you just decrypt the code using FCEUX built-in decoder and get the address and look it up in the 6502 debugger. The address should be to the right. It should say something like 14 07 and all you have to do is reverse it. 14 07 becomes 0714. And there is your PAR code. But just remember that for most codes, unless it's just a decimal value change like ammo or lives, you will want to use a Game Genie code and not a PAR because it will have better compatibility.

Anymore questions? Just ask. Smile

7NES Game Hacking Resources Empty Re: NES Game Hacking Resources 4/26/2016, 1:41 pm

XxModZxX@WiiPlaza

XxModZxX@WiiPlaza

My bad. I'm brain dead right now after everything thst happrd i think i told u on FB

8NES Game Hacking Resources Empty Re: NES Game Hacking Resources 9/26/2019, 10:41 am

SnB@BWH

SnB@BWH
Admin & Writer

Added a few more resources and some information to help the reader know what the link is for.

Also, ModZ, you still want to hack NES? I'm down if you are. Message me on FB.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum