BullyWiiHacks
Welcome dear guest! Very Happy

To start posting and being part of the BWH community, you simply need to register an account or log into an existing one.

If you do not wish to register at all, that's fine but there will be more advertisements. :/

You can probably see and download most content provided for regular members even without an account.

Your contributions will be greatly appreciated though, give it a shot and register today! thumbsup

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

BullyWiiHacks
Welcome dear guest! Very Happy

To start posting and being part of the BWH community, you simply need to register an account or log into an existing one.

If you do not wish to register at all, that's fine but there will be more advertisements. :/

You can probably see and download most content provided for regular members even without an account.

Your contributions will be greatly appreciated though, give it a shot and register today! thumbsup
BullyWiiHacks
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
BullyWiiHacks

Gaming, Modding & Programming

Important reminders:

- Click *HERE* for advanced forum search or check out the text field below on the front page for Google before posting
- NO support via private message (use the forum)
- Write meaningful topic titles
Site Translation
Latest topics
» Dropped Out of College to Pursue Web Dev and Life Pursuits in General
Unable to Host games Empty4/7/2024, 2:34 pm by SnB@BWH

» Bully Made It Into a BIG Video 400K Views
Unable to Host games Empty4/7/2024, 6:58 am by Bully@WiiPlaza

» Wii Play Tanks
Unable to Host games Empty3/24/2024, 2:46 pm by helpmeout

» [Bypass Paywalls] (Global) @magnolia1234 - GitLab
Unable to Host games Empty3/18/2024, 3:55 am by Seth@WiiPlaza

» [Download] Mary Shelley's Frankenhole
Unable to Host games Empty3/16/2024, 8:29 am by Seth@WiiPlaza

» Completely Custom Modded Controllers (Undetectable)
Unable to Host games Empty3/5/2024, 1:55 pm by Shadow@BWH

» (Zombies) Drink perks code?
Unable to Host games Empty3/5/2024, 1:24 pm by Shadow@BWH

» Die Rückkehr zu STEAM und WARFACE
Unable to Host games Empty3/2/2024, 3:54 am by Seth@WiiPlaza

» First person hand model change?
Unable to Host games Empty2/28/2024, 4:53 am by Ad3lamac611

» {RELEASE} Field Raider Firefox v1.72 by Seth@WiiPlaza
Unable to Host games Empty2/21/2024, 8:52 am by naxil

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Country Statistics
Free counters!

You are not connected. Please login or register

Unable to Host games

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Unable to Host games Empty Unable to Host games 9/27/2012, 1:53 pm

xSwifTeX

xSwifTeX
Faithful Member

Hey bully, im trying to host infected or dropzone on mw3 wii. I saw some people hosting infected lobbys. I have the code but the problem is when i invite them in private matches, they said they got an error
[Unable to join game session] I have a STRICT NAT TYPE.
I think it might be because of my NAT TYPE. Do you know a way to fix it? I can join people but they cant join me, Anyone help plz?
Thx! Also, I can host in black ops wii though.

2Unable to Host games Empty Re: Unable to Host games 9/27/2012, 6:05 pm

Welohabi

Welohabi
Moderator & Coder
Moderator & Coder

The easiest way is to set up DMZ for your Wii in your wireless router.

Or set up a static IP for your Wii and then open the specific ports. Guides can be found by using your friend GOOGLE.

The energy you give, you shall receive.

3Unable to Host games Empty Re: Unable to Host games 9/27/2012, 10:31 pm

xSwifTeX

xSwifTeX
Faithful Member

Welohabi wrote:The easiest way is to set up DMZ for your Wii in your wireless router.

Or set up a static IP for your Wii and then open the specific ports. Guides can be found by using your friend GOOGLE.

I have a BELKIN router which is 192.168.2.1
i have found that my wii is 192.168.2.8
so in DMZ settings 192.168.2.ㅁ
I put 8 in the box, i clicked apply changes and then i enabled Upnp..
Its still strict NAT type, im trying to open ports but i have no idea... i have searched lots and lots of tutorials but doesn't work.
Plz can you tell me the ports i can use? thx bro

4Unable to Host games Empty Re: Unable to Host games 9/28/2012, 3:25 am

Welohabi

Welohabi
Moderator & Coder
Moderator & Coder

You obviously have not tried that hard to search for tutorials. Your wireless router assigns IP addresses dynamically, meaning that they change depending on when and in what order the devices in your network are powered on. You need to go into your Wii settings and give your Wii a STATIC IP. Then you need to assign that same IP to the DMZ setting. This cannot be an IP within the range of what your router dynamically assigns.

To configure your Wii to use a static IP address, you need to know a few pieces of information: your network's default gateway, subnet mask, and two default DNS servers. Since you're smart, you already know that Windows users can type ipconfig /all on a command line to find this information, and that users of other platforms have their own solutions. In addition to this, you need your wireless network's SSID(name) and credentials(pass), which if you've forgotten them can be found by checking where you already entered them in your Wii's settings menu.

In your Wii's settings menu, create a new network connection. Specify that it is wireless, and select the manual configuration option. Enter all of the information that you just found. When it asks you for an IP address, enter one that you know is not taken by the other devices on your network. The first three numbers should be 192.168.2 and the last number should be something else. I used 123 because it is easy to remember, but since you're smart you know that it doesn't really matter as long as it does not conflict with the dynamic settings. Then fill in the default gateway, subnet mask, and two default DNS servers information. Commit the changes and test them. If it didn't work, you probably entered something wrong. After you're satisfied that it is working correctly, switch your default connection to that one.

Now for the exciting part: putting the Wii inside the DMZ. Remember your router's configuration page? I hope you still have it open. Navigate to the DMZ settings page. It should ask you what IP address you want to be the DMZ host. Put your Wii's address (192.168.2.123) in that field and commit the new settings. Consult the documentation for your router, perhaps in the form of an online or paper manual, if you have additional options for configuring a DMZ. And that's it. Give it a test run and you should be good to go.

If you still can't figure this out. Download Teamviewer 7, ask nicely and wait patiently and maybe I will help you out.

5Unable to Host games Empty Re: Unable to Host games 9/28/2012, 1:25 pm

xSwifTeX

xSwifTeX
Faithful Member

Welohabi wrote:You obviously have not tried that hard to search for tutorials. Your wireless router assigns IP addresses dynamically, meaning that they change depending on when and in what order the devices in your network are powered on. You need to go into your Wii settings and give your Wii a STATIC IP. Then you need to assign that same IP to the DMZ setting. This cannot be an IP within the range of what your router dynamically assigns.

To configure your Wii to use a static IP address, you need to know a few pieces of information: your network's default gateway, subnet mask, and two default DNS servers. Since you're smart, you already know that Windows users can type ipconfig /all on a command line to find this information, and that users of other platforms have their own solutions. In addition to this, you need your wireless network's SSID(name) and credentials(pass), which if you've forgotten them can be found by checking where you already entered them in your Wii's settings menu.

In your Wii's settings menu, create a new network connection. Specify that it is wireless, and select the manual configuration option. Enter all of the information that you just found. When it asks you for an IP address, enter one that you know is not taken by the other devices on your network. The first three numbers should be 192.168.2 and the last number should be something else. I used 123 because it is easy to remember, but since you're smart you know that it doesn't really matter as long as it does not conflict with the dynamic settings. Then fill in the default gateway, subnet mask, and two default DNS servers information. Commit the changes and test them. If it didn't work, you probably entered something wrong. After you're satisfied that it is working correctly, switch your default connection to that one.

Now for the exciting part: putting the Wii inside the DMZ. Remember your router's configuration page? I hope you still have it open. Navigate to the DMZ settings page. It should ask you what IP address you want to be the DMZ host. Put your Wii's address (192.168.2.123) in that field and commit the new settings. Consult the documentation for your router, perhaps in the form of an online or paper manual, if you have additional options for configuring a DMZ. And that's it. Give it a test run and you should be good to go.

If you still can't figure this out. Download Teamviewer 7, ask nicely and wait patiently and maybe I will help you out.

Thx bro, last problem, i only have 1 dns server.. And you said TWO dns servers and for ip address for dmz, do i put 8 still? And when you said when it asks for an ip address, i have to put an ip that is not taken by my devices??? where do i get that ip? thx bro, im just a bit confused...

6Unable to Host games Empty Re: Unable to Host games 9/28/2012, 4:58 pm

Welohabi

Welohabi
Moderator & Coder
Moderator & Coder

My post explains it all. You should actually have up to 3 DNS servers, but you can possibly do this with only one. In my post above it says to use the IP 192.168.2.123 but you can choose another. YOU HAVE TO ENTER THIS IP IN THE WII SETTINGS AND THE DMZ SETTING.

Please re-read my previous post and please try to use your brain this time. You should also do a little reading on how a wireless router works and learn about DCHP , STATIC IP's, and PORTS. Google is your friend, and if your too lazy to do a little research then you don't deserve the help.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum