BullyWiiHacks
Welcome dear guest! Very Happy

To start posting and being part of the BWH community, you simply need to register an account or log into an existing one.

If you do not wish to register at all, that's fine but there will be more advertisements. :/

You can probably see and download most content provided for regular members even without an account.

Your contributions will be greatly appreciated though, give it a shot and register today! thumbsup

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

BullyWiiHacks
Welcome dear guest! Very Happy

To start posting and being part of the BWH community, you simply need to register an account or log into an existing one.

If you do not wish to register at all, that's fine but there will be more advertisements. :/

You can probably see and download most content provided for regular members even without an account.

Your contributions will be greatly appreciated though, give it a shot and register today! thumbsup
BullyWiiHacks
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
BullyWiiHacks

Gaming, Modding & Programming

Important reminders:

- Click *HERE* for advanced forum search or check out the text field below on the front page for Google before posting
- NO support via private message (use the forum)
- Write meaningful topic titles
Site Translation
Latest topics
» Dropped Out of College to Pursue Web Dev and Life Pursuits in General
Making RAM Dumps With Dolphin (No USB Gecko!) Empty4/7/2024, 2:34 pm by SnB@BWH

» Bully Made It Into a BIG Video 400K Views
Making RAM Dumps With Dolphin (No USB Gecko!) Empty4/7/2024, 6:58 am by Bully@WiiPlaza

» Wii Play Tanks
Making RAM Dumps With Dolphin (No USB Gecko!) Empty3/24/2024, 2:46 pm by helpmeout

» [Bypass Paywalls] (Global) @magnolia1234 - GitLab
Making RAM Dumps With Dolphin (No USB Gecko!) Empty3/18/2024, 3:55 am by Seth@WiiPlaza

» [Download] Mary Shelley's Frankenhole
Making RAM Dumps With Dolphin (No USB Gecko!) Empty3/16/2024, 8:29 am by Seth@WiiPlaza

» Completely Custom Modded Controllers (Undetectable)
Making RAM Dumps With Dolphin (No USB Gecko!) Empty3/5/2024, 1:55 pm by Shadow@BWH

» (Zombies) Drink perks code?
Making RAM Dumps With Dolphin (No USB Gecko!) Empty3/5/2024, 1:24 pm by Shadow@BWH

» Die Rückkehr zu STEAM und WARFACE
Making RAM Dumps With Dolphin (No USB Gecko!) Empty3/2/2024, 3:54 am by Seth@WiiPlaza

» First person hand model change?
Making RAM Dumps With Dolphin (No USB Gecko!) Empty2/28/2024, 4:53 am by Ad3lamac611

» {RELEASE} Field Raider Firefox v1.72 by Seth@WiiPlaza
Making RAM Dumps With Dolphin (No USB Gecko!) Empty2/21/2024, 8:52 am by naxil

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Country Statistics
Free counters!

You are not connected. Please login or register

Making RAM Dumps With Dolphin (No USB Gecko!)

+6
TheDetonator
M.Bison
SnB@BWH
CH90
Welohabi
Bully@WiiPlaza
10 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Bully@WiiPlaza

Bully@WiiPlaza

All credits to Macopride64. Smile

You need:
- Dolphin Wii Emulator
- Game ISO
- HxD Hexeditor

How To:

English:

Spanish:

Spoiler:
You don't need to bother asking for any dumps anymore since you can do it yourself now without (!) an USB Gecko. Shocked

Enjoy!

Last edited by Bully@WiiPlaza on 1/12/2014, 12:58 am; edited 7 times in total

Welohabi

Welohabi
Moderator & Coder
Moderator & Coder

Pretty Cool. I would have played around with Dolphin a long time ago if I had Bluetooth on my computer, or one of those external usb adapters.

CH90

CH90
Expert 3D Animator
Expert 3D Animator

Welohabi wrote:Pretty Cool. I would have played around with Dolphin a long time ago if I had Bluetooth on my computer, or one of those external usb adapters.

me too Goo !! but you need a powerful computer too, so the first you would need is money Sad

Bully@WiiPlaza

Bully@WiiPlaza

CH90 wrote:but you need a powerful computer too, so the first you would need is money Sad
Nope, it doesn´t matter if the game runs super slow. Just dumping the data should work with "weak" computers aswell. No making excuses for requesting people to do the dumps on their Wiis, lol. Wink

SnB@BWH

SnB@BWH
Admin & Writer

I have a program that can dump RAM from processes/files. I'll have to see if it works with Wii ISOs. Twisted Evil

Thank you so much Macopride64 for discovering this and thank you too, Bully, for posting this!

M.Bison

M.Bison
Code Creator

Super thanks, this looks pretty rad! I must be quite powerful if Macopride managed to do all his codes without a USB gecko!

Bully@WiiPlaza

Bully@WiiPlaza

Nope, he didn´t need this for any of his codes. It´s for convenience. If you have skills with dolphin debugger and cheat engine (or whatever they´re called) you can make a bunch of codes.

TheDetonator

TheDetonator
Trusted Member
Trusted Member

I wonder if u can code using dolphin with cheat engine

Seth@WiiPlaza

Seth@WiiPlaza
Admin & Coder
Admin & Coder

nice tut

CH90

CH90
Expert 3D Animator
Expert 3D Animator

Great tutorial!
thanks bully and I'm sorry Maco!!! sometimes I'm a bit stupid ugly

Seth@WiiPlaza

Seth@WiiPlaza
Admin & Coder
Admin & Coder

i wish i could run dolphin but my graphics card on my computer and laptop cant even run a gamecube game

CH90

CH90
Expert 3D Animator
Expert 3D Animator

Seth@WiiPlaza wrote:i wish i could run dolphin but my graphics card on my computer and laptop cant even run a gamecube game

well, as bully said me: you don't need a powerful computer if you just want the RAM dump Razz

Macopride64

Macopride64
Code Creator

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=90NM58D2xYc

Much simpler tutorial.

Reclaimer Shawn

Reclaimer Shawn
Code Creator

Seth@WiiPlaza wrote:i wish i could run dolphin but my graphics card on my computer and laptop cant even run a gamecube game

Hey,my laptop is probably MUCH worse than yours. When I run Dolphin,I can't even see the graphics,I only see a black screen. I just wait until I hear the title screen theme and then I dump the RAM.

Dr.Emuler

Dr.Emuler
Code Porter

Reclaimer Shawn wrote:

Hey,my laptop is probably MUCH worse than yours. When I run Dolphin,I can't even see the graphics,I only see a black screen. I just wait until I hear the title screen theme and then I dump the RAM.
Probably you configure baad ur emulator, anyway i think, thats not important, the ram dump will be result the same in my appreciation.

Reclaimer Shawn

Reclaimer Shawn
Code Creator

It wasn't the configuration(Trust me,I try every possibility before dismissing something) My graphics card has a 2.4/10 Rating in the System Specs menu,and the laptop was really never built for gaming. I'm lucky if I can keep I Nintendo 64 Emulator working for 1-2 hours without the laptop over heating. From their it'll just crash...

Bully@WiiPlaza

Bully@WiiPlaza

Wow lol, I'm complaining about Wii games being super slow or slowing down drastically only!

Reclaimer Shawn

Reclaimer Shawn
Code Creator

Yeah,for me their isn't even an FPS rating for GameCube Games. I wait around 30 minutes until the title screen theme FINALLY plays and then dump it.

Dr.Emuler

Dr.Emuler
Code Porter

Well in that case shawn youre right! in "normal" or modern computers, most of times people can run games cuz dont know how configure dolphin correctly!!.
I have a particular case, ive been poring codes for RE REMAKE games, and i get a best speed emulating Wii versions than game cube [run a bit slow] and i dont know why, however i recommend you configure dolphin at minimmum just to optimize load times, and you have to wait less.

BTW i make my own video tutorial in spanish about this, i will gonna release it

Reclaimer Shawn

Reclaimer Shawn
Code Creator

As I said before I tried every configuration. It depends on the game you play. If you played an older and less advanced game,I can maybe actually see the title screen but the game runs too slow to actually load anymore without waiting for minutes at a time. It's either that or no load at all really with most games. My graphics card is most of the problem. The other problem would be how my processor only runs at 1.6GhZ and only has 2GB RAM. No matter how I set it,it's the best I get. N64 games run ok just not for long periods of time. GameBoy games are actually perfect so I guess I can at least play them.

Dr.Emuler

Dr.Emuler
Code Porter

I think bully can delete my post:
http://www.bullywiihacks.com/t3187-como-hacer-ram-dumps-de-juegos-de-wii-y-gamecube-sin-gecko-usb-video-how-to-make-ram-dumps

and post ONLY the SPANISH video post here.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum