BullyWiiHacks
Welcome dear guest! Very Happy

To start posting and being part of the BWH community, you simply need to register an account or log into an existing one.

If you do not wish to register at all, that's fine but there will be more advertisements. :/

You can probably see and download most content provided for regular members even without an account.

Your contributions will be greatly appreciated though, give it a shot and register today! thumbsup

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

BullyWiiHacks
Welcome dear guest! Very Happy

To start posting and being part of the BWH community, you simply need to register an account or log into an existing one.

If you do not wish to register at all, that's fine but there will be more advertisements. :/

You can probably see and download most content provided for regular members even without an account.

Your contributions will be greatly appreciated though, give it a shot and register today! thumbsup
BullyWiiHacks
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
BullyWiiHacks

Gaming, Modding & Programming

Important reminders:

- Click *HERE* for advanced forum search or check out the text field below on the front page for Google before posting
- NO support via private message (use the forum)
- Write meaningful topic titles
Site Translation
Latest topics
» Dropped Out of College to Pursue Web Dev and Life Pursuits in General
How to Get Alexa to Play Police Scanner Channels Empty4/7/2024, 2:34 pm by SnB@BWH

» Bully Made It Into a BIG Video 400K Views
How to Get Alexa to Play Police Scanner Channels Empty4/7/2024, 6:58 am by Bully@WiiPlaza

» Wii Play Tanks
How to Get Alexa to Play Police Scanner Channels Empty3/24/2024, 2:46 pm by helpmeout

» [Bypass Paywalls] (Global) @magnolia1234 - GitLab
How to Get Alexa to Play Police Scanner Channels Empty3/18/2024, 3:55 am by Seth@WiiPlaza

» [Download] Mary Shelley's Frankenhole
How to Get Alexa to Play Police Scanner Channels Empty3/16/2024, 8:29 am by Seth@WiiPlaza

» Completely Custom Modded Controllers (Undetectable)
How to Get Alexa to Play Police Scanner Channels Empty3/5/2024, 1:55 pm by Shadow@BWH

» (Zombies) Drink perks code?
How to Get Alexa to Play Police Scanner Channels Empty3/5/2024, 1:24 pm by Shadow@BWH

» Die Rückkehr zu STEAM und WARFACE
How to Get Alexa to Play Police Scanner Channels Empty3/2/2024, 3:54 am by Seth@WiiPlaza

» First person hand model change?
How to Get Alexa to Play Police Scanner Channels Empty2/28/2024, 4:53 am by Ad3lamac611

» {RELEASE} Field Raider Firefox v1.72 by Seth@WiiPlaza
How to Get Alexa to Play Police Scanner Channels Empty2/21/2024, 8:52 am by naxil

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Country Statistics
Free counters!

You are not connected. Please login or register

How to Get Alexa to Play Police Scanner Channels

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

SnB@BWH

SnB@BWH
Admin & Writer

In this tutorial, I will show you how to get your Amazon Alexa device to play police scanner channels from around the world. You only need a few requirements:

1. A PC (used for getting the URL required)
2. Google Chrome or Firefox (a web browser with element inspection)
3. An Amazon account (self-explanatory)
4. A mobile phone with SMS capabilities linked to your Amazon account (for website verification)
5. An Amazon Alexa (duh!)

Go to broadcastify.com and hover your mouse over "Listen" and click on Browse feeds

How to Get Alexa to Play Police Scanner Channels Screen57

The next screen is pretty easy to understand. Click on the country drop-down list on the top-right and select the country, and then the district / county you want to listen to, and then the city / town. You can also click on the map. Anything that is green has channels to listen to. I clicked on Canada, and then Ontario... Simcoe, and then Barrie Police and Fire.

Click on the play icon.

How to Get Alexa to Play Police Scanner Channels Screen58

You will be presented with a new window that will have the channel feed embedded into it. Cick on the green Play Live button. You will now be listening to that channel, as indicated by the green "Connected" icon that appears, briefly, above.

Now, right-click on the Play Live button and click on Inspect Element. Depending on how you have Inspect Element set up, you will either have a dialog appear on the bottom screen by default, or a window, among other things. I prefer the window, personally. Much easier to read and navigate. Anyways, you can Google how to change it or figure it out on your own.

The code in blue is what it will snap onto. What you want to get is just above... in red. Click on that code (in red), and then double click on the link. Copy the link.

How to Get Alexa to Play Police Scanner Channels Screen59

Now comes the second part:

Go to mypodapp.com and click on Sign In on the left.

How to Get Alexa to Play Police Scanner Channels Screen60

You will be prompted to sign-in with your Amazon account via Amazon.com
You will be asked to verify by SMS. Within a few seconds, you should receive an SMS (text message) on your phone. Click on the link, and it will say (from Amazon), "Thanks for verifying." or something along those lines. The site will automatically load to the next page on your computer (you can set your phone down now).

Click on Playlists on the left.

How to Get Alexa to Play Police Scanner Channels Screen61

Create a Playlist in the textfield and add it. I chose Barrie Police Scanner as the invocation name / playlist name. Once created, click on the playlist name below.

How to Get Alexa to Play Police Scanner Channels Screen62

Click on add link to playlist.

How to Get Alexa to Play Police Scanner Channels Screen63

Type in the invocation name that you want to say to Alexa in the top textfield: "Alexa, ask my pod to play my [YOUR NAME OF SCANNER] playlist." You don't need to type that all in, of course (it's aready afixed), just the thing in brackets. In the bottom textfield... Remember that link you found in Inspect Element earlier? Paste it into the bottom textfield!

How to Get Alexa to Play Police Scanner Channels Screen64

Now... Click add link.

Now the (almost) final part! Go to either one of these links, depending on if you are Canadian or American:

https://www.amazon.com/Matt-Evans-My-Pod/dp/B077Y6GC3D

https://www.amazon.ca/Matt-Evans-My-Pod/dp/B077Y6GC3D

Add this skill to your Alexa by licking on "Add Skill" on the right.

Now say to your Alexa: "Alexa, ask my pod to play my [YOUR NAME OF SCANNER] playlist."

Your Alexa will now start playing that police scanner channel. Wink

How to Get Alexa to Play Police Scanner Channels LSTjSyDDiscord: SnB_BWH

Click HERE to earn free bitcoin, litecoin, dogecoin, and dash!

Win Free Bitcoins every hour!

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum