BullyWiiHacks
Welcome dear guest! Very Happy

To start posting and being part of the BWH community, you simply need to register an account or log into an existing one.

If you do not wish to register at all, that's fine but there will be more advertisements. :/

You can probably see and download most content provided for regular members even without an account.

Your contributions will be greatly appreciated though, give it a shot and register today! thumbsup

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

BullyWiiHacks
Welcome dear guest! Very Happy

To start posting and being part of the BWH community, you simply need to register an account or log into an existing one.

If you do not wish to register at all, that's fine but there will be more advertisements. :/

You can probably see and download most content provided for regular members even without an account.

Your contributions will be greatly appreciated though, give it a shot and register today! thumbsup
BullyWiiHacks
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
BullyWiiHacks

Gaming, Modding & Programming

Important reminders:

- Click *HERE* for advanced forum search or check out the text field below on the front page for Google before posting
- NO support via private message (use the forum)
- Write meaningful topic titles
Site Translation
Latest topics
» Dropped Out of College to Pursue Web Dev and Life Pursuits in General
What's the best Scripting Program? Empty4/7/2024, 2:34 pm by SnB@BWH

» Bully Made It Into a BIG Video 400K Views
What's the best Scripting Program? Empty4/7/2024, 6:58 am by Bully@WiiPlaza

» Wii Play Tanks
What's the best Scripting Program? Empty3/24/2024, 2:46 pm by helpmeout

» [Bypass Paywalls] (Global) @magnolia1234 - GitLab
What's the best Scripting Program? Empty3/18/2024, 3:55 am by Seth@WiiPlaza

» [Download] Mary Shelley's Frankenhole
What's the best Scripting Program? Empty3/16/2024, 8:29 am by Seth@WiiPlaza

» Completely Custom Modded Controllers (Undetectable)
What's the best Scripting Program? Empty3/5/2024, 1:55 pm by Shadow@BWH

» (Zombies) Drink perks code?
What's the best Scripting Program? Empty3/5/2024, 1:24 pm by Shadow@BWH

» Die Rückkehr zu STEAM und WARFACE
What's the best Scripting Program? Empty3/2/2024, 3:54 am by Seth@WiiPlaza

» First person hand model change?
What's the best Scripting Program? Empty2/28/2024, 4:53 am by Ad3lamac611

» {RELEASE} Field Raider Firefox v1.72 by Seth@WiiPlaza
What's the best Scripting Program? Empty2/21/2024, 8:52 am by naxil

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Country Statistics
Free counters!

You are not connected. Please login or register

What's the best Scripting Program?

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

DO~NeGaTiVeX

DO~NeGaTiVeX

Hello, I'm new to scripting and know SOME(1 to 2 things) of it like...

if True:
print "Answer"
print "True"
else:
print "Answer"
print "False"

print "Hello, Python!"

Yes. I know i'm noobish on this but I'm only a 14-year old kid and never took a class on computer science(I Really wan to!)

Anyways, which are the best scripting programs for noobs and which are the best programs?

noob

DO~NeGaTiVeX

DO~NeGaTiVeX

Also in scripting, you usually never use Capital Letter (ABC) and it should be (abc). Is that right?

Also if anyone can send a link to info on this stuff(I'm more of a visual learner so if you can, please do YouTube)

Thanks!

Smile

Shadow@BWH

Shadow@BWH

Yes I would take a java scripting class. Here is a great site that will teach you. www.codecademy.com it will teach you everything you need even how to code your own game. You actully make a rock, paper scissors game to give you a feel of what it feels like to make a game. That's actully what I'm doing I'm making a new game for my seinor project using a program called Goo.

SnB@BWH

SnB@BWH
Admin & Writer

It depends on what language you're using. As for capital letters, it's different for every language. Some IDEs (Integrated Development Environment) will only allow you to type in all capitals and some like Visual Studio will properly format your code and put capitals where there should be capitals.

In C# this is how declaring a variable as string would work.

private void btnStrings_Click(object sender, Event Args e)
{
string firstName;
firstName = textBox1.Text;
MessageBox.Show(firstName);
}

Tells the debugger "When the user clicks on the button that was named 'btnStrings' and not 'button1', we will run the code that is inside the curly brackets."

We have declared (or said) that whenever the word "firstName" is mentioned on the below lines, it is referenced as a string and can only be used as a reference to a string.

We have said that whatever the user types into textBox1, it will be carried out as a string that is referenced as "firstName" instead of the actual string itself. .Text means that textBox1 will only trigger the code if text is written / pasted into it or if you already put text in there on form load. The text in the textbox will be carried out on the next line or when it is called upon by referring to "firstName".

This line is almost too easy to understand. It will show a messagebox saying whatever is in textBox1. Since it has a reference instead of an actual string inside quotes and parenthesis, it will display whatever is in the textbox instead of a string defined by the programmer when he built the program.

I'm pretty sure you can figure out what the other symbols do. Wink

Bully@WiiPlaza

Bully@WiiPlaza

A universal code editor is Notepad++. You can select the right language in the menu bar if it doesn't recognize it by the file extension.

For certain languages IDEs are still better because they're specifically designed for that language. In Java I'm using Eclipse for example.

Since you're doing Python you may want to try an IDE like PyCharm but you may have to download a few different IDEs to see which one you like best. There are usually a bunch of different ones to choose from and no definite "best". Wink

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum