BullyWiiHacks
Welcome dear guest! Very Happy

To start posting and being part of the BWH community, you simply need to register an account or log into an existing one.

If you do not wish to register at all, that's fine but there will be more advertisements. :/

You can probably see and download most content provided for regular members even without an account.

Your contributions will be greatly appreciated though, give it a shot and register today! thumbsup

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

BullyWiiHacks
Welcome dear guest! Very Happy

To start posting and being part of the BWH community, you simply need to register an account or log into an existing one.

If you do not wish to register at all, that's fine but there will be more advertisements. :/

You can probably see and download most content provided for regular members even without an account.

Your contributions will be greatly appreciated though, give it a shot and register today! thumbsup
BullyWiiHacks
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
BullyWiiHacks

Gaming, Modding & Programming

Important reminders:

- Click *HERE* for advanced forum search or check out the text field below on the front page for Google before posting
- NO support via private message (use the forum)
- Write meaningful topic titles
Site Translation
Latest topics
» Dropped Out of College to Pursue Web Dev and Life Pursuits in General
Use of only one hand, Mario Kart help needed! Empty4/7/2024, 2:34 pm by SnB@BWH

» Bully Made It Into a BIG Video 400K Views
Use of only one hand, Mario Kart help needed! Empty4/7/2024, 6:58 am by Bully@WiiPlaza

» Wii Play Tanks
Use of only one hand, Mario Kart help needed! Empty3/24/2024, 2:46 pm by helpmeout

» [Bypass Paywalls] (Global) @magnolia1234 - GitLab
Use of only one hand, Mario Kart help needed! Empty3/18/2024, 3:55 am by Seth@WiiPlaza

» [Download] Mary Shelley's Frankenhole
Use of only one hand, Mario Kart help needed! Empty3/16/2024, 8:29 am by Seth@WiiPlaza

» Completely Custom Modded Controllers (Undetectable)
Use of only one hand, Mario Kart help needed! Empty3/5/2024, 1:55 pm by Shadow@BWH

» (Zombies) Drink perks code?
Use of only one hand, Mario Kart help needed! Empty3/5/2024, 1:24 pm by Shadow@BWH

» Die Rückkehr zu STEAM und WARFACE
Use of only one hand, Mario Kart help needed! Empty3/2/2024, 3:54 am by Seth@WiiPlaza

» First person hand model change?
Use of only one hand, Mario Kart help needed! Empty2/28/2024, 4:53 am by Ad3lamac611

» {RELEASE} Field Raider Firefox v1.72 by Seth@WiiPlaza
Use of only one hand, Mario Kart help needed! Empty2/21/2024, 8:52 am by naxil

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Country Statistics
Free counters!

You are not connected. Please login or register

Use of only one hand, Mario Kart help needed!

3 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Energise

Energise

I wonder if anyone here can help.

My son has very limited use in his right hand so can only play games one-handed.

He loves playing mario kart on the wii using the nunchuck, however someone has to press the A button for him whilst playing.

Is there any way to get the second rear button on the nunchuck to map to the A button?

I am completely new to this group however if given instruction I am pretty sure I can hack our Wii.

Looking forward to a reply!!

Chris

SnB@BWH

SnB@BWH
Admin & Writer

Hi there! Welcome to our forum.  Smile

I found a key remapper for the GameCube controller, but couldn't find one for the Wii Remote.

However, the question is do you have your Wii softmodded with the Homebrew Channel? If it's a black or other coloured Wii, you will notice that there are no GameCube controller or memory card ports, so this code will be useless.

I'll see what I can do to port the code to the Wii Remote. Perhaps, Bully can help us with this. Although, he doesn't code Wii, he could give us some guidance for what we could do.  Wink

Update:

@Bully

Is it possible to use a read / write breakpoint on a Wii Remote button activator address and just paste it into the address of the code below? I've tried using the Toggle Breakpoint feature in Dolphn, but it isn't working. Maybe I'm doing it wrong, I don't know. I also don't know how his code works, so I could be doing this all wrong. Thanks!

Key remapper for GC controller [mdmwii]
C21afb58 00000005
39C0XXXX 7DCF0038
7C0F7000 40A20010
7C0F0050 39E0YYYY
7C007A14 B0040000
60000000 00000000
XXXX = key you want to change
YYYY = key assigned
Values:
0081 = D-Pad Left
0082 = D-Pad Right
0084 = D-Pad Down
0088 = D-Pad Up
0090 = Z
00A0 = R
00C0 = L
0180 = A
0280 = B
0480 = X
0880 = Y
1080 = Start

Use of only one hand, Mario Kart help needed! LSTjSyDDiscord: SnB_BWH

Click HERE to earn free bitcoin, litecoin, dogecoin, and dash!

Win Free Bitcoins every hour!

Energise

Energise

I have a gamecube controller and the wii has the ports, so sounds like I am luck!!

I will look into getting the homebrew channel - then give this a blast.

Thank you very much sir - this would change my boys life as he loves Mario Kart so much, and until recently he forced me to play it and he pretends to play!!! Having the nunchuck was better as he could actually play himself with me pressing A - but this could be the final solution opening up loads of other games to him.

Chris

Bully@WiiPlaza

Bully@WiiPlaza

Here you go. Smile

Accelerate Remapping Wii Remote / Nunchuk -PAL- [Bully@Wiiplaza]
04745CB0 48000008
<< Place activator here >>
04745CB0 60000000
E0000000 80008000

Accelerate Remapping Wii Remote / Nunchuk -NTSCU- [Bully@Wiiplaza]
04735DE4 48000008
04735DE4 60000000
E0000000 80008000

Accelerate Remapping Wii Remote / Nunchuk -NTSCJ- [Bully@Wiiplaza]
0474531C 48000008
0474531C 60000000
E0000000 80008000

Accelerate Remapping Wii Remote / Nunchuk -NTSCK- [Bully@Wiiplaza]
04734070 48000008
04734070 60000000
E0000000 80008000

This does what it says, accelerate with any other button you like. Wink

Energise

Energise

Thank you for the information.

Because I am a beginner I decided to buy a Wii from eBay that has homebrew installed.

It arrived today!

Could anyone please let me know how I enter in the above codes, or point me to a good tutorial?

I am totally new to this, really don't know where to start!!

Sorry to be a pain. Can't wait to get this working for my boy.

Chris

SnB@BWH

SnB@BWH
Admin & Writer

Chris Denman wrote:Because I am a beginner I decided to buy a Wii from eBay that has homebrew installed.

Rolling Eyes lmao2 If you already had a Wii, especially one with full compatibility, why the fuck did you buy another? You wasted your money. A 4 year old can softmod a Wii, as we already know from ModZ@BWH who is almost 8. All it takes is a 2GB SD card, a computer, WiFI (not if hacking the Wii from a specific game's code (I think)), a few programs and about 30-60 minutes of your time... if that.

You NEVER jump into something without doing your research! I softmodded my Wii after at least a couple of months of research. If I had softmodded it right away without doing my research, I would've fucked something up and wasted a perfectly good Wii.

Let's just hope between us on BWH, you, and the sink, that the guy who sold it to you didn't use it as a CP storage device and homebrewed it to get it sold quicker, so he wouldn't get caught. Smile

Energise

Energise

Harsh!

First of all I am more than capable of doing this, however barely get any time to myself these days. I work solidly even at weekends so time is expensive. If I was unemployed or rich then maybe months of research and finally a few hours would be worth it.

However the hard work was done for £40. For that I also have a second Wii. My son's Wii is safe and now cannot be bricked.

A have a second Wii to work with without gear of breaking it.

In the 80s I was a game maker and coded in pure machine language. But I'm 45 now with a disabled child and a family to look after.

** Nasty comment removed, sorry mate **

Sorry if I got that wrong.

Chris

Last edited by Chris Denman on 2/8/2017, 10:56 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Kneejerk reaction)

Hi Chris, Shinbitch does have a point. It only takes under 10 minutes to mod your Wii. I have paid around £38 (I'm guessing) when i bought my Wii V2 in Blue from the local stores here second hand. I saved a lot of money as people tried to sell these Wii's modded for way over the price.

One thing is why would you purchase a second Wii???

Nintendo have released it's last update many years ago and the possibility but it's really low for it to get bricked.

It's kinda impossible to get a Wii that's brick proof because you still can edit the system itself. I'm not sure who said it but its pathetic.

Also can you post any idea's that you have in mind. If you do we can help out and see if there any flaws which we could help you out with.

We are here to help our fans and try to fix their problems. Also just chill Shitnbitch just likes a laugh once in a while.

If you need further assistance feel free to post it here!

Energise

Energise

First off, I can see that ShinBitch meant well. So I take it back mate. Sorry about that. We all wake up on the wrong side of bed sometimes.

I had done some research and most tutorials have big RED warnings that you might brick your device.

Now, for you guys in hindsight, it's easy to say that it's a quick and simple process. But you have to spend a lot of time researching to find out how easy it is.

I will never need to hack again once I get this controller working for MK for my boy. I'm not an avid user nor a hacker and only have come here for my son.

Many links in tutorials are broken and so on, and for what would probably be ten minutes work, well for me on my own could take some time.

I was wondering if someone could show the minimal step to getting the above codes in place.

I don't even know what <place activator here> means and there's little information about it. Maybe I am searching for the wrong words?

Chris

SnB@BWH

SnB@BWH
Admin & Writer

Hey, sorry I lashed out on you, man. As DB had said, I just like to have a laugh every now and then. Although, at first, I had thought that what you did was a stupid idea, I now realize after your first comment that you don't have a lot of time on your hands. I understand that, and as you had said, you now have two Wiis in case something were to happen to one of them. That's actually good thinking!

Download these two programs:

Ocarina Cheat Code Manager (For adding codes to the SD card)
https://mega.nz/#!Yd9ASRJT!LgjV_UUuMKDgCbRel8WI1vk-fYa5jHkWB3C5tVeff9g

Gecko OS (For loading the codes from the SD card into the game)
https://mega.nz/#!IMEz2YzL!nsX_prNQzsYwTHAbcX_3dmedA99jKCWibw8M6w-j76w

But first of all, do you have a 2GB SD card? It has to be 2GB and it has to be just plain old SD. If you have one or once you get one, let us know by posting in this thread and we'll move on from there. Smile

Energise

Energise

Great stuff!!!! I feel a bit of a knob for not realising the banter here - my bad....

Once the missus is in bed tonight, I'll get started - most likely 11pm. I have a 2gb card. I'll also post a screen grab of the wii desktop - it has what looks like a JS launcher or something (learning that whatever game you play must launch through a third party in order to apply hacks), and a couple of things. Looks like the guy who sold it has tried to be semi helpful - there's also a couple of DVDs with 12000 games on so guessing there'll be an emulator on there too - not important at this stage.

Speak later - thanks again!

Chris

Energise

Energise

OK - downloaded files and have a 2gb SD card at the ready.

Here's a screen grab of what's on the Wii...

Use of only one hand, Mario Kart help needed! 20170211

Upside down for some reason Sad

SnB@BWH

SnB@BWH
Admin & Writer

On your SD card, create a folder called "apps". Inside that folder, copy over the Gecko OS folder that you downloaded. It is located at gecko1931.zip/gecko1931/HBC/gecko1931 Copy that folder to the apps folder.

On your SD card, create a folder called "codes".

This link will show you how to add codes with Ocarina Cheat Code Manager.

https://smashboards.com/threads/how-to-set-up-codes-in-code-manager.268017/

On step 6, since you have an SD card and this guy didn't, do the opposite of what he tells you to do. Instead of clicking "Store to file", click "Store to SD card". After that, you are done.  Smile

Make sure you have Mario Kart in your Wii before you do the next step. Nothing bad will happen, it's just that you won't be able to play the game with cheats, lol  xD

Now, load up the HBC and find Gecko OS. Go to the options and set it to this: https://i.imgur.com/jPEuVvW.png

Click "Save config" and go back and load up the game. If you did everything right, you should now be playing with cheats.

If you have any questions, just ask. We're here to help.  Smile

Energise

Energise

OK going to attempt this.

Before I do, one last question:

04745CB0 48000008
04745CB0 60000000
E0000000 80008000

What is the << Place activator here >> part? It might be totally obvious, but I ain't got a clue!!!

The rest I'm going to master for sure...

Chris

SnB@BWH

SnB@BWH
Admin & Writer

The activator is for exactly what its name implies; activating the code. Most games will have an activator code made for it. An activator code will always be an "If" codetype. Basically, "If this value at this address is equal to *button value*, trigger code below. A switch code line (CC000000 00000000) switches a code on or off as long as there is an activator to perform the switch.

In the code Bully gave you, there is no need for a switch, because the activator is placed between the code's default and modified code lines. The default value is the first line. When activated or in layman's terms, when the button is pressed, the default value will change to the modified value (60000000 / NOP), which I'm sure you know what that means, as you've programmed in machine code before. I'm not exactly sure what function the code is modifying in the game though. However, the code is basically just doing a user-controlled loop. The line E0000000 80008000 is a terminator. It terminates the code execution. Just like back in the day, like in BASIC and other languages, you would have an "END" statement; this is pretty much the same thing. Without it, problems may arise and you may be trapped in a perpetual loop.

What the code Bully made does is:

Line 1: Value is default
Line 2: If button pressed, go to next line of code
Line 3: If previous statement (button pressed) is true, go to next line
Line 4: End code

Then when the button is pressed a second time, the code will start from Line 1, basically looping over. Since the value is different to the default, Line 1 will activate and the address now has the default value. The process then repeats itself.

Now, onto doing what you have to to get the code working.

Find the button activator for your region for the game. I assume you are PAL region, so the button activator for PAL is below.

283457E2 YYYYZZZZ

But you might be wondering what you need to do with the YYYYZZZZ.

Simple! These are called placeholders. They hold the place for a value, hence the name.

Go to this website: http://geckocodes.org/index.php?arsenal=2

Here you can choose which button you'd like to use for your activator. You said you wanted to map the Nunchuk Z to the Wii Remote A, so take the value of the Nunchuk Z button and paste it into the activator I showed you above. Now, I assume how the code works is that whenever you press the Nunchuk Z button, the game will make you accelerate instead of doing whatever the Nunchuk Z button originally made you do.

Try this out and see if the code works to your son's greatest of benefit. If it doesn't, let us know and we will see what we can do. Smile

Energise

Energise

Awesome information! I'm sure others will benefit too from this. Today is the day. Weekend so should get this up and running for my boy to enjoy. Can't say how grateful I am for all the time you have spent on this. I'll post the outcome and or issues.

Alright let us know the outcome. If you have any issues let us know. If you get those codes working you could try adding some other codes if you like!

Energise

Energise

Ahhh I think I am soooo close

I got gecko OS to work. I saved the codes to the sd and they were picked up.

However, nothing at this stage - probably because I am guessing too much.

04745CB0 48000008
283457E2 YYYYZZZZ
04745CB0 60000000
E0000000 80008000

So, YYYY and ZZZZ - these these mapping to and from?

i.e.

I want to map the C button on the back of the controller to A (not Z as this is used to drop things).

I looked at A and C and think this is my results:

A key 0800
C key 4000

Do I end up with:

04745CB0 48000008
283457E2 08004000
04745CB0 60000000
E0000000 80008000

inches away....!

Energise

Energise

Just tried 00008000 and no joy...

Energise

Energise

Chris Denman wrote:Just tried 00008000 and no joy...

I mean 00004000

Energise

Energise

Tried some other cheats and they work, so something is right at least Smile

My last attempt was this:

04745CB0 48000008
283457E2 00004000
04745CB0 60000000
E0000000 80008000

and didn't work....

Checked console and is EUR so assuming PAL

Energise

Energise

OK just looking around and so on... starting to understand more and more...

04745CB0 48000008 ?? not sure what this does, is this when A is pressed?
283457E2 00004000 - set to button C
04745CB0 60000000 - NOP
E0000000 80008000 - terminate

So the first line - is this detecting button A press?

So address on the left = value on the right? Wondering if 0008 is correct as A on a wheel/nunchuck is 0800.

Am I just getting this concept completely wrong Smile

Either way, if anyone can double check above?

Chris

Energise

Energise

SOME SUCCESS!!!

The C button now accelerates, however it still carries out the same function as before too, reverse camera.

How can I make it ignore reverse camera?

Chris

SnB@BWH

SnB@BWH
Admin & Writer

Great to hear you got it working! Smile I'll see if I can make a code to disable the reversing camera in Dolphin. The Dolphin debugger is nothing compared to most debuggers out there, and it's very difficult to work with it, but I'll see what I can do.

I'm not sure if this code will do the trick, but you can try to remap the C button to another button. I think this is for manually looking back, but you can try it. Neutral

Look Backwards Remapping Wii Remote / Nunchuk -PAL- [Bully@Wiiplaza]
04745CE8 4800000C
04745CE8 60000000
E0000000 80008000

Energise

Energise

Ha I was thinking the same thing!

Giving it a try....

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum