BullyWiiHacks
Welcome dear guest! Very Happy

To start posting and being part of the BWH community, you simply need to register an account or log into an existing one.

If you do not wish to register at all, that's fine but there will be more advertisements. :/

You can probably see and download most content provided for regular members even without an account.

Your contributions will be greatly appreciated though, give it a shot and register today! thumbsup

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

BullyWiiHacks
Welcome dear guest! Very Happy

To start posting and being part of the BWH community, you simply need to register an account or log into an existing one.

If you do not wish to register at all, that's fine but there will be more advertisements. :/

You can probably see and download most content provided for regular members even without an account.

Your contributions will be greatly appreciated though, give it a shot and register today! thumbsup
BullyWiiHacks
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
BullyWiiHacks

Gaming, Modding & Programming

Important reminders:

- Click *HERE* for advanced forum search or check out the text field below on the front page for Google before posting
- NO support via private message (use the forum)
- Write meaningful topic titles
Site Translation
Latest topics
» The Biggest Butthurt Crybaby In COD History
Converting from PAL to NTSC-J (Pokemon Battle Revolution) Empty8/28/2024, 5:49 am by Shadow@BWH

» USB Gecko problems with some games
Converting from PAL to NTSC-J (Pokemon Battle Revolution) Empty8/18/2024, 10:41 am by Mac11ngAround

» Dropped Out of College to Pursue Web Dev and Life Pursuits in General
Converting from PAL to NTSC-J (Pokemon Battle Revolution) Empty8/9/2024, 7:09 am by SnB@BWH

» Lego Stars Wars: The Complete Saga [RLGE64]
Converting from PAL to NTSC-J (Pokemon Battle Revolution) Empty8/1/2024, 2:04 am by Whatever_1240

» ASM <> Gecko Code Converter
Converting from PAL to NTSC-J (Pokemon Battle Revolution) Empty7/29/2024, 11:15 am by Mac11ngAround

» German With a Jackhammer
Converting from PAL to NTSC-J (Pokemon Battle Revolution) Empty7/28/2024, 3:42 pm by SnB@BWH

» Wii RAM Hacking: Pointers and ASM
Converting from PAL to NTSC-J (Pokemon Battle Revolution) Empty7/23/2024, 1:54 pm by Mac11ngAround

» IBM AIX Assembler Programming Reference - Useful For PPC ASM
Converting from PAL to NTSC-J (Pokemon Battle Revolution) Empty7/21/2024, 5:00 pm by Mac11ngAround

» Note to Inactive New Members
Converting from PAL to NTSC-J (Pokemon Battle Revolution) Empty7/14/2024, 4:50 am by Mac11ngAround

» JMaster Duel Bot: A Yu-Gi-Oh! Master Duel Bot and Trainer for Steam
Converting from PAL to NTSC-J (Pokemon Battle Revolution) Empty7/13/2024, 11:18 am by Bully@WiiPlaza

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

September 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Country Statistics
Free counters!

You are not connected. Please login or register

Converting from PAL to NTSC-J (Pokemon Battle Revolution)

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

gondracorn

gondracorn

Hello! I want to learn how to port codes. I've checked some threads about it, but am still lost. I'm not very good with hexidecimal numbers, but I can calculate regular decimal pretty well. Reversing the codes is the main problem, as I don't quite get it.

Some pointers?

Here's the codes in question:

Remove Bloom (PAL: 04641E88 00000000)

Allow Selecting Irregular Pokemon (PAL: 081551A8 60000000
20050010 00000000)

Fix Rental Pass Checksums: (PAL:  043DAF40 4800002C)

Allow Modified Rental Passes (PAL: 043DA370 38000000)

What should I search for and where should I look?

UPDATE: Here's some codes for JAP REV0 version for Pokemon Battle Revolution
JAP INIT RELEASE
Remove Bloom (already included in your mod patches):
046144D0 00000000

Allow Selecting Irregular Pokemon (Fixed!)
0814C63C 60000000
20050010 00000000

Allow Modified Rental Passes
043C5880 38000000

Fix Rental Pass  Checksums
043C6442 4800002C

JAP REV 2
Remove Bloom
04614810 00000000

Allow Selecting Irregular Pokemon(Fixed!)
0814C830 60000000
20050010 00000000

Allow Modified Rental Passes
043C5B94 38000000

Fix Rental Pass Checksums
043C6764 4800002C

Last edited by gondracorn on 6/25/2024, 12:23 pm; edited 6 times in total (Reason for editing : Update to codes available)

2Converting from PAL to NTSC-J (Pokemon Battle Revolution) Empty Revision Porting 6/21/2024, 4:50 am

gondracorn

gondracorn

Is the process the same between revisions? I have revision 1 and revision 2 in my library as well, and it appears that some codes are not cross compatible between revisions (the codes that I already have).

I will first need to port PAL codes to the original japanese code, then port it between revisions. I mainly use revision 2, so I may not need to port to revision 1.

If someone can teach me how to do these and show me some tricks and patterns, that would be great, so I can do it on my own. Thanks!

Bully@WiiPlaza

Bully@WiiPlaza

Hello,

porting codes works by comparing byte patterns in memory dumps to find the correct offsets. For this purpose, I made a useful app to do this automatically: https://github.com/BullyWiiPlaza/Universal-Offset-Porter-Engine
Spend some time to try and learn how it works. You need to take the offset from each code which is the part after the 04 at the beginning.

For example:
Code:
Remove Bloom (PAL: 04641E88 00000000)
The offset is: 641E88

4Converting from PAL to NTSC-J (Pokemon Battle Revolution) Empty Raw Files? 6/24/2024, 11:18 am

gondracorn

gondracorn

This is a bit over my head. A step by step introduction would be nice.

First question: You used a raw file. Raw files, to my knowledge, are byte-per-byte files that, generally, cannot be ran or processed by any program, morely, a dump file of the entire program, image, music, video, or file in byte format. So, since you used "Mario-Kart Double-Dash.raw", my question is: How did you get your iso converted into raw format? Can you do this with a DVD drive or only with a wii?

5Converting from PAL to NTSC-J (Pokemon Battle Revolution) Empty Got the first code (Rev0) 6/24/2024, 2:19 pm

gondracorn

gondracorn

I got the first code in Rev0 of Pokemon Battle Revolution

I will share a compilation of my codes I have gotten on the first post.

gondracorn

gondracorn

Quick question for all you smart ones out there.

I have a code that starts with 20 in pal format. If I were to convert this into a jpn or another region, what should I look for?

For example, 20050010 wouldn't necessarily be address 50010, or even remotely.

And for it's sub part, I would just port the remainder of that line to the new code, right?

I found the correct code for first line in JAP Rev2, but not rev0, would need to do more research.

EDIT: Found my answer here: https://gamehacking.org/faqs/wiicodetypes.html#c23

Apparently, all that 20XXXXXX does is checks if "is equal to" the 32 bit code following it, then "writes the above code" (identified as 050010 in XXXXXX) to the pointer.

Thus, all I needed to do was simply re-enter 20050010 00000000... it's the same for all regions.

SnB@BWH

SnB@BWH
Admin & Writer

You can dump your games either with a Wii by using a USB Gecko or via Dolphin (you already know this from a previous comment you made on another thread, lol).

That is correct, as far as I know when it comes to *.raw files. *.bin will also work. Dolphin will dump *.raw and USB Gecko will dump *.bin, but they both will contain the EXACT same data apart from certain values randomly changing at the start menu when the dump is made. There is no difference in the files for the files' purpose.

The dump files are analyzed in HxD Hex Editor or any other hex editor and comparison of bytes made by self-analysis. Or as Bully mentioned, you can use his program to port codes. It works VERY fast and quite good! I'd suggest you, or anyone for that matter that wants to get into code porting but it's "a little over the head". Code porting with HxD is extremely easy. In fact, you'll never forget how to do it once you learn; it's really that simple. The only downside is that it takes quite a lot of skilled analysis, depending on the game. But the choice is yours.

Converting from PAL to NTSC-J (Pokemon Battle Revolution) LSTjSyDDiscord: SnB_BWH

Click HERE to earn free bitcoin, litecoin, dogecoin, and dash!

Win Free Bitcoins every hour!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum